My thoughts about Salem after many years away

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

My thoughts about Salem after many years away

Postby Gamito » Mon May 01, 2017 11:55 am

So i have been playing for a few days now, just wandering around, getting new skills and such...

After a while i learned that there is now madness levels hat can cause perma kill... as if the game wasnt hard already on that matter, as if Devs are making every possible way to not play this game.
As a father of 2 daughters and with a job, i like to make my play time the best of it, i know there are many ways to get killed, mostly by random players, and i also know if my play tme is small and get all my effort and work destroyed in minutes i might play another game... but i like Salem, sadly lol...

From what i see the game is actually very depressing now, dead bodies everywhere, its like a plague have hited Salem, dead bodies inside their little shacks, next to beds, floating inside their canoes... disturbing.
i was hoping to find a friendly player who is not very advanced so i could play with as neighbor, the ONLY one i found in a week, once he saw me logged out... i satyed a bit more in front of his claim, he logged again, saw me and gone again lol...
The game is still very high on distrust it seams.

A few last questions.
how madness work exactly? do i get madness levels if i log AFTER the blood moon started?
Gamito

Re: My thoughts about Salem after many years away

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Gamito wrote:how madness work exactly? do i get madness levels if i log AFTER the blood moon started?

last time, when start blood moon, end blood moon - you got 2 lvl madness
so, example - i'm not online when start blood moon = i'm not got 2 lvl madness

if you have 10 lvls madness = die

yes, this game - have many mechanic perm. die
- players can kill you
- monsters can kill you
- madness
- disease
- KO blood moon
- KO in belly whale
mmmm i think about frozen but here propably madness kill you :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Insanity is gained from doing certain tasks(not alot of tasks give insanity)
Insanity is slowly gained over-time just by being logged in.

Playing a trumpet reduces insanity,
Studying reduces insanity,
various other things reduce insanity(look at the wiki)
you will find that if you know what you are doing then you won't be getting any madness levels at all, except the 2 from bloodmoon as you probably didnt see it coming.

Sleep with a teddybear for 8 hours in a bed and you lose a madness lvl, but you can't sleep for 16 hours straight and lose 2 lvls.
Smoking tobacco can remove madness,
Smoking hookah in town can be done once a day to remove madness(not insanity) so you need to reduce insanity after reducing madness.

Its not that hard once you know the stuff to avoid it, even as a person without a big base, etc.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Gamito » Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm

alright... i need to do those things if i dont want my char dead.
And how long last a blood moon?
Gamito

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Gamito wrote:alright... i need to do those things if i dont want my char dead.
And how long last a blood moon?

A day, and a bit less based on how many players pray at churches as that reduces bloodmoon timer.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby boat » Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 am

This game sux lol
Hose wrote:I think both of you are retarded and brain damaged. :roll:
boat

Postby Faultierstein » Thu May 04, 2017 5:31 am

Gamito wrote:So i have been playing for a few days now, just wandering around, getting new skills and such...

From what i see the game is actually very depressing now, dead bodies everywhere, its like a plague have hited Salem, dead bodies inside their little shacks, next to beds, floating inside their canoes... disturbing.

that's pretty much how the old world was lol i am 99% sure that the devs are sadists when it comes to this game, but thats pretty much how haven and hearth is as well, i don't play this game as much as i originally planned but i get a good kick out of it 2 weeks out of the month its a fun game, the distrust is sort of high but its to be expected when you can die when just standing in town, its how those days were
Faultierstein

Return to Help!