important PSA (public salem announcement)

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: important PSA (public salem announcement)

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 am

if claims were destructable under a tbf and literally all of the other issues were left unfixed you would discover giant pclaims going out of style quite quickly after the first couple were popped and all the silver that went into them was lost.
Darwoth

Postby Lazun123 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:06 am

Darwoth wrote:if claims were destructable under a tbf and literally all of the other issues were left unfixed you would discover giant pclaims going out of style quite quickly after the first couple were popped and all the silver that went into them was lost.

If the person had a TB protecting his Pclaim, you would need a 24hr notice to attack just to get to the Pclaim, in such time the defender could just fill the pclaim with silver to prevent destruction. Only way I see to counter that is to allow a TBF to destroy pclaims. Or nurf how much drain claims do >_<. Out of everything that is what I believe is broken!
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 7:41 am

seems like Darwoth started his work ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 am

Lazun123 wrote:
If the person had a TB protecting his Pclaim, you would need a 24hr notice to attack just to get to the Pclaim, in such time the defender could just fill the pclaim with silver to prevent destruction. Only way I see to counter that is to allow a TBF to destroy pclaims. Or nurf how much drain claims do >_<. Out of everything that is what I believe is broken!

your not understanding the nature of the issue, the problem is not normal sized pclaims that are enclosed by a town. the problem is massive pclaims that engulf the entire town, these are the claims the the owners can rarely afford the upkeep on and as such when they ran dry anything on the claim becomes vulnerable including the town areas that sit on the claim without a tbf/scents.

in addition to that ANY claim stone would be destructable under a tbf whether paid or not.
Darwoth

Postby JohnSnow » Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 am

But what will the defenders receive instead of huge pclaims? Because personal claims seems only option for balance of sieges now. Both the defender and the attacker must invest approximately equal efforts. But construction of town costs a incrediable amount of time and resources. These are thousands bars of steel and wrought iron, hundreds thousands of bricks, boards and leather, months of labor. And what do you need to break this all? Just one character about 1500-2000 biles, which can be done in a couple of months. Also construction of towns with each patch is becoming more and more complicated, and the creation of characters is simpler and easier.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 am

A defender of a big pclaim gets a huge claim that needs to be destroyed at the center rather then slowly chipped away via boundary stones of a town?

If a place was townclaim only and got sieged, the one doing the sieging can take over parts of the town for themselves and reduce the ability of production on the town.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am

JohnSnow wrote:But what will the defenders receive instead of huge pclaims? Because personal claims seems only option for balance of sieges now. Both the defender and the attacker must invest approximately equal efforts. But construction of town costs a incrediable amount of time and resources. These are thousands bars of steel and wrought iron, hundreds thousands of bricks, boards and leather, months of labor. And what do you need to break this all? Just one character about 1500-2000 biles, which can be done in a couple of months. Also construction of towns with each patch is becoming more and more complicated, and the creation of characters is simpler and easier.

I dunno why you keep posting about mechanics when you have no clue wtf you are saying.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 am

Dallane wrote:
JohnSnow wrote:But what will the defenders receive instead of huge pclaims? Because personal claims seems only option for balance of sieges now. Both the defender and the attacker must invest approximately equal efforts. But construction of town costs a incrediable amount of time and resources. These are thousands bars of steel and wrought iron, hundreds thousands of bricks, boards and leather, months of labor. And what do you need to break this all? Just one character about 1500-2000 biles, which can be done in a couple of months. Also construction of towns with each patch is becoming more and more complicated, and the creation of characters is simpler and easier.

I dunno why you keep posting about mechanics when you have no clue wtf you are saying.

Heffernan

Postby JohnSnow » Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 am

Dallane wrote:I dunno why you keep posting about mechanics when you have no clue wtf you are saying.

More specific, please. I built towns and I know how long it takes, I did the characters and I know how long it takes too. Which of the things I wrote is not true?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 am

if john snow is dodo from the days of coonman all of his posts and his claeyt level lack of a clue in all things suddenly makes perfect sense.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses