Artistic Exploration

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Artistic Exploration

Postby Qiresea » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 am

i have been wondering if we have enough artists around to organize a paving art competition. it would be combined with an exploration event: once the pavings are done, we would need a group of explorers that will find them and post a screenshot of them on the competition thread. we would then vote for the best paving, and have two winners: the best explorer and the best artist.

The pavings will be located far away from your base/other bases/towns

the idea would be as follows:
- players who would like to participate as artists would have the month of may to prepare their paving materials and to bile up a paving alt. you should be prepared to lose this alt if your paving gets spotted too soon, so please dont use any valuable toons for that. your paving alt should be able to carry some weight in case you need to transfer materials to them through boston, but you could also find materials on the site of the paving
- during the month of may, and depending on how many artists we have, i will be scouting around to find locations for the pavings. these will be in the light, on flat ground, and away from bases/towns
- on june 1st, i will hand out a survey to each artist that can be used to teleport your paving alt to the intended paving location. you will be the only person to know where this location is. you will need to pclaim an area that you find suitable and create your paving there
- during the month of june, the artists will create their paving art and send me a PM when the paving is ready
- on july 1st, i will post screenshots of the surveys indicating the location of the pavings in this thread. the explorers would then need to find the pavings and post a screenshot for each paving using the game's screenshot server. the first explorer who posts screenshots of all the pavings will be the winner of the exploring part of the competition
- we will then have a vote on this thread for the best paving. depending on how many artists/sponsors we find, there will be 1-3 prizes for that. everyone can participate in the voting (please dont use alt accounts for this)

if you would like to participate in this competition and pave some original art, please post here. the competition will begin as soon as we find at least five artists.

have fun :D

mary

Best Artist prizes

first prize: mystery music box
second prize: mystery furniture crate (sponsored by saltmummy)
third prize: harvest pack (sponsored by black89hawk)

Best Explorer prize

a profession pack of your choice (sponsored by Marp)
Last edited by Qiresea on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Re: Artistic Exploration

Postby Kandarim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:47 am

sounds like a good bit of fun :-) I'll join as an 'artist', in as far as my pixel-perfect skills are not completely rusted away
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 pm

I will art for this.

Edit - I jumped the gun and didn't see that there would be a best artist. If I participate, I would like to forgo any reward or title.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:41 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:I will art for this.

Edit - I jumped the gun and didn't see that there would be a best artist. If I participate, I would like to forgo any reward or title.

Would not worry to much if i was you ;)
ZoddAlmighty

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:45 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Hurtful remarks

Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 pm

lol roasted
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby black89hawk » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:20 pm

great :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Im in
black89hawk

Postby matan002 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 pm

I want to join in and make the coolest fruit ever :D
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby saltmummy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 am

I have a nice mystery furniture crate for one of the skilled winners.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 am

MarpTarpton wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Hurtful remarks

Is this going where I think it's going :oops: :oops:
Paradoxyc
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses