Freezing to death... cant regenerate humors

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Freezing to death... cant regenerate humors

Postby Gamito » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am

So im a returning player... and started yesterday... things going slow as usually all good but since the start of the game im freezing
and i cant get warmer by any means, i tried to make a fire and stay in the leanto or whatever... i got to a point wher emy humors are too low and dont regenerate, i cant learn the skill to make clothes (figured that too late)
so im basicly stuck and dead if i log in...

amazing how friendly this game still is lol
Gamito

Re: Freezing to death... cant regenerate humors

Postby Taipion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Gamito wrote:So im a returning player... and started yesterday... things going slow as usually all good but since the start of the game im freezing
and i cant get warmer by any means, i tried to make a fire and stay in the leanto or whatever... i got to a point wher emy humors are too low and dont regenerate, i cant learn the skill to make clothes (figured that too late)
so im basicly stuck and dead if i log in...

amazing how friendly this game still is lol

There are at least a dozen threads here with the exact same issue, you can:
- learn how to make cloths and make some before you even leave the tutorial, within the first 15 minutes of the game, collect more reeds in providence on the shore if needed, find timberrattlerskin in stumps and use grass for hay and crow feathers for even more cloths
- port from your leanto to providence, get into one of the easily (=without affluence) accessible buildings, those are mainly: the crypt at the graveyard, beware of infected corpses there / the barn west of the npc trader area / some of the small houses east of the statue
- stay inside such a building until you warmed up, then go collect reeds and make cloths
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Gamito » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm

thanks that helped a lot
Gamito

Postby Claeyt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Gamito wrote:thanks that helped a lot

He just said collect reeds but failed to say you can weave them into stuff to make jute clothes by taking one reed and right clicking it onto another reed.
Claeyt

Postby Taipion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Claeyt wrote:
Gamito wrote:thanks that helped a lot

He just said collect reeds but failed to say you can weave them into stuff to make jute clothes by taking one reed and right clicking it onto another reed.

You can consult the wiki for that, or play around with them, as I said reeds for cloths it suggests there is some use, not that hard to find out, I anticipate that much common sense from anyone wanting to play Salem more than a few minutes.
I could have also said that the weaving skill will grant you 2 fibres per pair of woven reeds instead of one, but that neither is information that would make the difference between freezing to death or survival.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Help!