Here we go again - Murica Version

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Here we go again - Murica Version

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Here we go again - Murica Version

Postby Lazun123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Seriously?? I'm not near a tv what happened??
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Taipion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 pm

Lazun123 wrote:Seriously?? I'm not near a tv what happened??

Yea, you know the salem threads, do you?
Put a story to it, and some info. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:51 am

A man named Kori Ali Muhammad shot three people dead and tried to kill another this morning in Fresno, CA. When he was taken into custody, officers say he shouted "Ali Akbar". His social media accounts expressed hatred of white people and he tweeted "Allahu Akbar" before going on his rampage. He also is suspected of killing a security guard and a Motel 6 on Thursday; there is security footage showing him doing it. They aren't calling it terrorism yet, but a "random act of violence", yeah right, and think he acted alone.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am

Have not heard of this in the news yet.

I always wonder what they actually gain from this though.
The only thing that terrorism does, seems to be:
- make people hate the group responsible, their ethnic, their religion and so on
- raise international support against the responsible group
- changes public opinion, allows for harsher laws

Did I miss something?
Does terrorism actually pay out for the respective group responsible?
Does it work as advertisement for them, raising cash and people for them?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby saltmummy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 am

Taipion wrote:Have not heard of this in the news yet.

- make people hate the group responsible, their ethnic, their religion and so on

Did I miss something?

In the case of religiously motivated attacks such as this, fanaticism is it's own reward. They've been convinced that if they do it, god will love them more/reward them when they are dead. There is no payoff other than the pleasure of having caused as much pain as possible in the name of ones deity of choice. It's in the name though isn't it? "terrorism." A bit like "terrorize," which is what I always thought the point was. To maim, kill, and scare the living **** out of as many people as you can.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 am

saltmummy wrote:
Taipion wrote:Have not heard of this in the news yet.

Did I miss something?

In the case of religiously motivated attacks such as this, fanaticism is it's own reward. They've been convinced that if they do it, god will love them more/reward them when they are dead. There is no payoff other than the pleasure of having caused as much pain as possible in the name of ones deity of choice. It's in the name though isn't it? "terrorism." A bit like "terrorize," which is what I always thought the point was. To maim, kill, and scare the living **** out of as many people as you can.

Yes, that is obvious, but terrorism is a business, like any other, if you just send all your "employees" to go blast themself away, then you have spent all your human assets, and most of your material,
they don't grow on trees, neither does the cash/arms, do they?
I can see how some seek revenge this way for many things, like losing friends/relatives in a war, or things "done to their country" or other things they perceive as painful,
yet, all that needs to be funded, and it does not pay itself, does it?
Many foremost simple and poor people simply fall for the religious, misinterpreted stories they are told and taught, but again that "education" also needs to be funded in some way.

So, to be a continuous, self supporting business, terrorism needs to gain something from what it does,
how does it work?

[edit:]
I wonder why I can't recall having read something about how it works, I mean,
if you want to fight something, stop something, then the very first thing you need to know, is how it works,
so you can make it stop working.
Like ... fire, separate fuel from oxygen or lower the heat, and it stops, simple, understand it to know how to stop it.
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am

Taipion wrote:The only thing that terrorism does, seems to be:

Bingo. That's exactly the objective.
-Want to start a war - make people hate your target, locally and internationally,
-Want harsher laws - blame terrorists for taking away civil liberties.
See how a state of emergency in France is nicely extended for more than 1,5 year:
http://www.loc.gov/law/foreign-news/art ... july-2017/
Chrumps

Postby Claeyt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 am

TotalyMeow wrote:A man named Kori Ali Muhammad shot three people dead and tried to kill another this morning in Fresno, CA. When he was taken into custody, officers say he shouted "Ali Akbar". His social media accounts expressed hatred of white people and he tweeted "Allahu Akbar" before going on his rampage. He also is suspected of killing a security guard and a Motel 6 on Thursday; there is security footage showing him doing it. They aren't calling it terrorism yet, but a "random act of violence", yeah right, and think he acted alone.

Shooter's original name was Cory Taylor. No one knows when he converted to Islam. No local mosque knows him. He started going by the Islamic name a few years ago without officially changing it. He has a history of mental illness.

Oh and he also goes by the moniker "Black Jesus".

He stated to the police that he hates white people and believed there is a coming 'Race War' WHICH HE ALSO STATED ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE. Amazingly, in America he can buy an AR-15 and shoot 4 people. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Claeyt wrote: Amazingly, in America he can buy an AR-15 and shoot 4 people. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah thats great and all but he used a .357 revolver. Kinda breaks your liberal narrative doesn't it?

In clays mind "Allahu Akbar" is arabic for "nothing to do with islam"

Def not terror
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/04 ... ahu-akbar/
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to City upon a Hill