how to properly delete Salem?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

how to properly delete Salem?

Postby nuty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 pm

i having traulbe with salem lately i want to reinstall it
so im deleating .salem and salem folders in my documents
after lauching game it still has my acc name on it so i gues i didnt deleate it.
please tell witch folders i should delete
nuty

Re: how to properly delete Salem?

Postby Ghoul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm

If you delete the .salem folder and the Salem folders in C:\Users\<username> then that's all you must do to reinstall the game. I don't know where the account credentials are saved but I almost guarantee it's in one of those folders.

EDIT: You seem to have not deleted the Salem folder, as it holds the "accounts.json" file which stores the login credentials.

EDIT2: I don't even know if deleting the "Salem" folder will change anything for you but it's worth a try.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby nuty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

no deleting them foulder still doesnt do ****. there still some files i cant find them
nuty

Postby Ghoul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby nuty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Ghoul wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

where did u go u created other alts? i dont see you online anymore
nuty

Postby Claeyt » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 am

nuty wrote:no deleting them foulder still doesnt do ****. there still some files i cant find them

Why are you deleting Salem? Are you trying to reinstall?

You may just need to update Java. The other thing you need to do is erase the original download probably not just the files.
Claeyt

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:37 am

Fast tutorial how to properly remove salem.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Kandarim » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

aside from the .salem/ and Salem/ directories, the client also stores quite a bit of stuff in the Windows registry (assuming you're using windows, that is).
The accounts.json file holds the custom client feature of multiple remembered accounts (i.e. the left list on the startup screen of the client), whereas the single remembered account in the middle of the screen is saved by the default client in the registry. I don't know by heart where the keys are located, and I'm currently on my Linux box, but if you want I can track down their location tonight. No real reason to get rid of those, though (you can just click 'forget' and that remembered account will be purged from the registry).

That said, I am not aware of any issues caused by problems inside the registry. Deleting .salem/ and Salem/ should be enough for a clean reinstall of the custom clients.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Return to Help!