Hypotemia

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Hypotemia

Postby Catote » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm

As a new started player. What should I do first?
Catote

Re: Hypotemia

Postby zalimcocuk » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:15 pm

add me, i can give you some clothes HS: Zalom
zalimcocuk

Postby Catote » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:21 pm

wow, how do I add you??
Catote

Postby Ghoul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Catote wrote:wow, how do I add you??

CTRL+b opens your Kin window. The bottom text field that says something like "enter someone else's hearth secret (HS) to add them" you have to use the exact word zalom gave you and then click "ok" or whatever.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Catote » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Thanks a bunch. I think I would have died right away without this help. Thats quite a harsh start after the tutorial.
Catote

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 am

Its far easier if you start when its not a cold snap, its also not too hard if you just focus on getting some basic clothing right away.
DarkNacht

Postby Ciego » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:33 am

The secret to life, in those first few minutes, is to get to town.
Then you can go into the barn to get warm. (Between visits to barn to warm up, go get stuff to level up enough to be able to make JUTE SHIRT, PANTS, etc)
Then discover how to weave reeds (hover one reed over another, rt-click). This will give you FABRIC (to make jute pants and shirt and cap). (Then collect 36 reeds, 15 grass)
Make jute shirt, pants, cap. Move your "priest's cloak" to the COAT slot, so you can put on your jute shirt.
Go back to the barn as needed to warm up.
Then discover that 5 grass can be turned into HAY. Use 3 Hay, and 3 Fabric to create haybale shoes.

You now have enough thermal protection to start collecting materials for a leafy bed. (Go back home to set up your bed)
Make a fireplace that looks like a ring of stones. Make a fire. Dig to get clay. Make a clay pot, and fire it in the fire. Go dip the pot into water (if you can't find water, go to town to get it).
The pot, with water, on the lit fire, can make meat broth, detoxify mushrooms, boil different foods, and boil bark in prep for drying it (for bark cup to drink broth and tea, make barkpack, canoe, etc).

Make your initial silver by finding arrowheads and snakeskins in old logs and stumps, going to town and selling them to a booth.

Or, take your chances and have someone give you stuff.
Last edited by Ciego on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciego

Return to Help!