2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:40 am

kabuto202 wrote:the original publisher and developer had abandoned it because they came to the conclusion that it was a colossal *****, and after six years of development (more if you consider the amount of reused material from HnH) having barely more active users than an asset flip on Steam. It is at best, a very very very janky and flawed game, with some interesting and redeemable aspects.

Best. Post. Ever. (at least,most accurate.)
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:58 am

kabuto202 wrote:I know reading and social interaction is hard for you, but that's not how society works. Also did you just use cuck unironically? I don't think there's a social worker on Earth qualified enough to deal with your levels of staggering autism.

Kek'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways, as much I like seeing people show Dallane for what he is, back to the game.

So is the game "Good"?

I have to say yes, for what it is. It's a little unique above average indi game with 2 part time developers and Temeow, that's it. It'll never be farmville but this game has been at between 400-700 daily users for 3 years now and the 2 months after Popham released it hit 2500. I'm now convinced this game will never die as long as we buy enough hats to keep the servers on. I've been here since 2 months after it started and I seriously doubt that if all JC has to do is turn the server off and on every couple weeks when the alarm on his phone goes off, collect our Paypal hat payments for the server and give us the occasional patch ever 3 months or so and maybe an expansion server every couple years he'll happily keep this on his resume as a game designer/game company owner forever or until 'The Big One' hits LA and knocks out the Salem servers.

Like I said above, I played 'Roanoake' (We had more fun on Roanoke) when we had less than 100 daily players and Darwoth played on 'Lametown' for a year with nobody but 4 Russian pirates and Daopa. Everyone sees 450 daily players and 1500 monthly and gets worried but I keep telling you guys this is like Grand Central compared to when Jorbtar scared off their money train with their silly Swedish Anti-Masons Libertarian "American Confederates should still exist" world views that made no sense.

This game isn't going anywhere if they're still taking in enough to keep the servers on. I do think they need to find a way to monetize it to make it good for Steam release tho'. I don't mind if they don't but it does seem like the easiest way to get a bunch of rubes into the game.
Claeyt

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 am

400-700 = 40-70 playing 8-10 alts simultaneously

patch every 3 months? yer dreaming or delusional (probably both)

monetize salem? *looks at list of two dozen plus items just off the top of my head you can ONLY buy,not find or craft in-game* *looks at single game mechanic that can ONLY be utilized by dropping $50 in one hit,like a crackhead* Check.

Steam? Kek,yea THAT will do TONS to "improve" this game....

Rubes? The game totally needs more of those...
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:21 am

Bleuwulf wrote:400-700 = 40-70 playing 8-10 alts simultaneously

patch every 3 months? yer dreaming or delusional (probably both)

monetize salem? *looks at list of two dozen plus items just off the top of my head you can ONLY buy,not find or craft in-game* *looks at single game mechanic that can ONLY be utilized by dropping $50 in one hit,like a crackhead* Check.

Steam? Kek,yea THAT will do TONS to "improve" this game....

Rubes? The game totally needs more of those...

This is Frost in disguise, isn't it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The longstanding number as said by both JC this world and loftar last world is that 70% of all players use only one account. The rest of us who use multiple accounts don't always use multiple accounts daily. This means that probably 80-85% of the player numbers are accurate. That's still around 420 daily (off 450-500 daily number) and 1300 monthly individual players. This is easily 2-3x as much as we had at the end of last world and a healthy half of what we had at the beginning of this world. I just bought my $41 worth of hats for my cape for this quarter so that buys a week of server time probably.
Claeyt

Postby Reviresco » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:36 am

Claeyt culturally appropriated the banjo from my people.
Reviresco

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:03 am

Claeyt wrote:blahblahblah unverifiable statistics
blahblahblah corp rhetoric
blahblahblah red herring.

Indie games NEVER artificially inflate their playerbase numbers.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleuwulf

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm

kabuto202 wrote:What the **** are you even going on about? Salem is not a "good" game. Good games aren't sustained by a single developer running it as a passion project with a contractor art team from India after the original publisher and developer had abandoned it because they came to the conclusion that it was a colossal *****, and after six years of development (more if you consider the amount of reused material from HnH) having barely more active users than an asset flip on Steam. It is at best, a very very very janky and flawed game, with some interesting and redeemable aspects.

Now, you can't say X "didn't have anything to do with the conversation until now" if X is literally the opening line. I know reading and social interaction is hard for you, but that's not how society works. Also did you just use cuck unironically? I don't think there's a social worker on Earth qualified enough to deal with your levels of staggering autism.

How is it not a good game? Do you base it solely on population? The fact that this game is popular as it is with a developer who isn't here full time and is unable to update as often as he would like is a sign that this game is good in a sense that people still enjoy it and the community grows slightly with new and returning players. The number of MMOs that have crashed and burned is fairly amazing. It's even more amazing that this game has stayed alive considering it's history with 3 different companies.

So your entire argument is based on once sentence in a entire paragraph? I never mentioned your wishes for this game to fail and go freeware until you brought it up. I pointed out your lack of game knowledge which you have admitted. I understand you are emotional about the subject but take a breath and relax bud and lets drop it. Throwing insults back and forth is getting old fast.

Claeyt wrote:The longstanding number as said by both JC this world and loftar last world is that 70% of all players use only one account. The rest of us who use multiple accounts don't always use multiple accounts daily. This means that probably 80-85% of the player numbers are accurate. That's still around 420 daily (off 450-500 daily number) and 1300 monthly individual players. This is easily 2-3x as much as we had at the end of last world and a healthy half of what we had at the beginning of this world. I just bought my $41 worth of hats for my cape for this quarter so that buys a week of server time probably.

Isn't there a pic heff posted where he had a massive amount of rewards handed out for a holiday or something? Not trying to argue with the server pop stuff since it's much harder to track for us in this game but there are people out there who do that just in case. I also think you are over estimating server cost by quite a bit.

I'd like to see the post where both of them have said this considering you have a bad habbit of lying here.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:45 pm

if you are genuinely interested,you might want to look at
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/salemthegame.com

mind you these are by no means a hard indicator,as there are many variables,BUT if you compare them to,oh I dunno say:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/havenandhearth.com

then a picture emerges much more clearly,even for the layman. :geek:

(TL;DR version: Salem is ranked roughly 416,991 or 297,399 in the U.S
HnH is ranked roughly 140,850 or 65,496 in U.S.)
Bleuwulf

Postby Ghoul » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:if you are genuinely interested,you might want to look at

mind you these are by no means a hard indicator,as there are many variables,BUT if you compare them to,oh I dunno say:

Time to make http://www.salemthegame.com available in russian.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby KruskDaMangled » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Bleuwulf wrote:if you are genuinely interested,you might want to look at

Time to make http://www.salemthegame.com available in russian.

We have plenty of people from Eastern Europe from my understanding. They seem to fit in tolerably well, the last one I talked to in town took exception to me not knowing who he was and threatened to kill me/my droopy eyed little Salemite character. Totally normal stuff under some circumstances with Salem.
KruskDaMangled

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements