Orchard alts?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Orchard alts?

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Darwoth wrote:i am sure taipions pile of lean to skeletons is a pressing issue that is consuming all thoughts of the entire dev team night and day as it should be.

Thank you for your concerns, it's an incredible relief to know that the devs and even team d care so much about my personal skelleton-waste-problems.

But that one is not about me,
I am more concerned about the beautiful landscape of our beloved lumberwoods,
as there is no way of removing such sacrificial skelletons, and everyone is using this "technique",
the bodies will pile up sooner or later, and spoil the view for anyone passing by.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 am

You can just buy fruit from active towns, or be very active yourself, or live with a lower harvest. If you want to clutter up your own claim with dead bodies, that's on you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:27 am

Why the ***** are you complaining for 6 tiles which is being taken up.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Bleuwulf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 am

Probably because it feels better than complaining about more important game issues long in need of addressing,which also will continue to be largely ignored....
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Taipion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 am

TotalyMeow wrote:You can just buy fruit from active towns, or be very active yourself, or live with a lower harvest. If you want to clutter up your own claim with dead bodies, that's on you.

So, a not that well thought through "mechanic" leads to an undesireable "workaround" by the players with some neglectable but ugly side effects, and from what you said it will be simply ignored.

Yes, this is not entirely important, but a very good example on how doing things right simply is not an option.

Oh yes it is so difficult... I could think of several ways to simply fix this, and if even I am able to do that... oh well,
like, when the map tile is loaded the first time in an everbloom, make a roll for each tree that says when it will bloom, whereas that roll can be very well outside of the days that an everbloom lasts (= wont bloom),
and then, and whenever the map tile is loaded again, check if that time has passed already and set the tree to blooming or not, done.
You can't tell me that it would be difficult to fix this, and there are many, many... many little things like this, that are simply annoying but serve no purpose besides making the game look bad and unfinished.

Spending a little dev time on fixing all those little things would improve this game far more than another half hearted new game mechanic or so.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 am

Taipion wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:You can just buy fruit from active towns, or be very active yourself, or live with a lower harvest. If you want to clutter up your own claim with dead bodies, that's on you.

So, a not that well thought through "mechanic" leads to an undesireable "workaround" by the players with some neglectable but ugly side effects, and from what you said it will be simply ignored.

Yes, this is not entirely important, but a very good example on how doing things right simply is not an option.

Oh yes it is so difficult... I could think of several ways to simply fix this, and if even I am able to do that... oh well,
like, when the map tile is loaded the first time in an everbloom, make a roll for each tree that says when it will bloom, whereas that roll can be very well outside of the days that an everbloom lasts (= wont bloom),
and then, and whenever the map tile is loaded again, check if that time has passed already and set the tree to blooming or not, done.
You can't tell me that it would be difficult to fix this, and there are many, many... many little things like this, that are simply annoying but serve no purpose besides making the game look bad and unfinished.

Spending a little dev time on fixing all those little things would improve this game far more than another half hearted new game mechanic or so.

We actually worked on this for weeks as it is not nearly so simple as you seem to think. The only other workable alternative would have caused unacceptable lag. Your idea is actually really close to what is happening and it requires the tile to be loaded. I suspect you have no idea what is happening and therefore no idea what is required to make it work.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:28 am

if you dont want clutter but want fruit trees make 10 alts and cycle them out with teddybears the trees dont need to be within visual range the tiles are active if your able to see the land on the minimap.
nosfirebird

Postby Hohenheim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 am

Is it be possible to make a placeable item that keeps 1 or 9 tiles loaded all the time? That might be a fix for the problem, a source of income for the game and or a money sink.

Taipion wrote:So, a not that well thought through "mechanic" leads to an undesireable "workaround" by the players with some neglectable but ugly side effects, and from what you said it will be simply ignored.

Well it's not like this thing is an important issue, it's not like you posted a picture of some people lying under a blanket in a bed or something, if it was it would be a #1 priority problem that would be handled immediately. Or as if it was the soil digging bonus bug that has also been taken care of asap so that not everyone would have to waste a year of his or her life to flatten a 100x100field. But seriously, please consider that this game is run by a few people who are doing this besides their life and jobs and that time is extremely limited. They have to carefully chose which issue/feature to work next on and this tile loading one is neither game breaking nor something that concerns a lot of players.

The current solution is a good and accepted work around and if you hate all the skeletons you can move them to Darvoths dream world mine. I am 100% sure he would love to have them as decoration there.
Hohenheim

Postby Bleuwulf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 am

typical dev response: you aren't code monkeys therefore you're stupid and don't know how games work.

that's all the "fix" you're gonna get 'round here,so no use whining about it further.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:52 pm

The situation is not in need of a fix.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

PreviousNext

Return to Help!