Orchard alts?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Orchard alts?

Postby Sebthegrand » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Saw a pic in screenshots tab recently. Looked like a guy kept inheriting alts to keep his orchards growing. If i did this, would i jut leave him logged in? and hwo can i keep a char logged in even if my pc is off?
Sebthegrand

Re: Orchard alts?

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Sebthegrand wrote:Saw a pic in screenshots tab recently. Looked like a guy kept inheriting alts to keep his orchards growing. If i did this, would i jut leave him logged in? and hwo can i keep a char logged in even if my pc is off?

Yes you would just leave him logged in. One for sure way to have one logged in even with the client closed is to have it KO from crime in the area and he'll be there for 24 hours.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Just remove permissions from the character so it would be forced to stay logged in
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Yes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Being around fruit trees makes them give more fruits?
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Lansett » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Yes wrote:Being around fruit trees makes them give more fruits?

They bloom way more.
Lansett

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Lansett wrote:
Yes wrote:Being around fruit trees makes them give more fruits?

They bloom way more.

JC thought this would be a great "mechanic" to have fruit trees bloom more if the map tile they are on is loaded more frequently, as in "this is an active town/area".
Salem players though just realized quickly how to deal with this "mechanic".

So we end up with hundreds of chars each season that are sacrificed for a rich harvest, which again all of a sudden makes sense in a strange and limited way.
But let alone for all those useless, pointless, indestructable, zero-scalp-alt-skelletons that are piling up... there should be something done about this, which might happen as soon as ...never.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Sebthegrand » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks for awnsers. 8-)
Sebthegrand

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Actually, it's just that things only happen on tiles when they're loaded. This gives an advantage to towns but isn't specific to them.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Actually, it's just that things only happen on tiles when they're loaded. This gives an advantage to towns but isn't specific to them.

And what about the waste problem? (the skelletons of all that sacrificed chars)
Do you, by chance, happen to know if that is somewhere on the table, or simply being ignored?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Darwoth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:40 pm

i am sure taipions pile of lean to skeletons is a pressing issue that is consuming all thoughts of the entire dev team night and day as it should be.
Darwoth

Next

Return to Help!