Do you like the temperature mechanic

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 77

Re: Remove Temperature Mechanic

Postby Bleuwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Chrumps wrote:Didn't you realize that this coldsnap is WAY milder than it used to be ?

was that aimed at me? if so then no,of course not,as I just returned less than a month ago and before that i played Salem Alpha,which had no such season,just "EverAutumn"
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Chrumps » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 pm

The last coldsnap you would see cold debuff immediately after landing in providence and you would soon freeze. Now my alt in just priest robes is forcibly logged in for more than 24 hours and is not freezing yet. So no, now it is not harsh at all, even for newbies, unless someone decides to undress. If it is indeed dependent on altitude now then it's great.
Chrumps

Postby Bleuwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Chrumps wrote:The last coldsnap you would see cold debuff immediately after landing in providence and you would soon freeze. Now my alt in just priest robes is forcibly logged in for more than 24 hours and is not freezing yet. So no, now it is not harsh at all, even for newbies, unless someone decides to undress. If it is indeed dependent on altitude now then it's great.

It still does appear instantly,but it ticks down steadily enough to allow you 20-30 mins or so to "work" before you need to port to town and warm up in the barn,it's doable but not "easy" for a totally new player starting out,as previously stated I don't think that part of the mechanic needs adjusting really. Just perhaps to inform more adequately the new player on the mechanic and how to deal with it,I shouldn't have to point out that LOTS of us tend to want to "jump right in and play" and don't go sifting the wiki until we hit something we dont understand or cant figure out on our own.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby AcidSpiral » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Chrumps wrote:The last coldsnap you would see cold debuff immediately after landing in providence and you would soon freeze. Now my alt in just priest robes is forcibly logged in for more than 24 hours and is not freezing yet. So no, now it is not harsh at all, even for newbies, unless someone decides to undress. If it is indeed dependent on altitude now then it's great.

It was said when it was released that winter temperatures will vary. That is why JC threw us into the coldest possible coldsnap that first time. To test our wills.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Standing there since yesterday, Priestly robes only. No cold debuff.

Besides, I checked temperature in a few places, it is 47 F in Providence and -3 F on snow. Not dependent on altitude, only on biome. (but snow is high, on mountain tops).

Again, IMHO it is OK now, even quite easy, no need to whine anymore.
Chrumps

Postby pietrko » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:13 pm

I like the temperature mechanics (noobs could get protection) it should be even more impactful - to the degree one should take it into consideration when raiding.
Atm it's just you got average clothes and its ok, there should be more play around it.
pietrko
Customer

Postby pberci » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 pm

I returned to the game at the end of this May after a year away from it, my tiny base was taken over, but then fortunately abandoned, so when I logged in I was completely naked amond the ruins what my base formerly was in the middle of a Cold Snap. When I left previously, the temperature mechanic was not yet in place, I was unaware of its existence, but I was still able to craft enough clothes by collecting spider webs, dried snake skins and crow feathers.
I was able to stop hypothermia at about 70 points, I don't remember clearly, and only went to Providence after it stopped rising to accelerate its decrease inside a building.

I think the mechanic is completely fine, considering, that a warming at fires mechanic is underway. Maybe the description of the debuff icon should contain recommendation to seek shelter in Providence buildings on the later stages, but that's all.

If people will be able to warm themselves at fires, then I think the effects of hypothermia can be made even more severe.
pberci

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations