I'm looking to regularly donate rare items to a town

Look for a group to play with here.

I'm looking to regularly donate rare items to a town

Postby macaronic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a new player looking to join a town.

I would like to offer the mayor all the rare and very rare items that I collect, as I collect them, as well as my account username and password.

My plan is to play in a town and then give everything to my town in case they have any use for a leveled up alt or the common and uncommon items that are leftover at the end. I don’t have any interest in the rare items or fancy parts of the game. I simply want to explore and dabble in the game's interesting crafting tech tree. I would not be playing daily as I have other life commitments. If I become inactive and can’t contribute, I would bow out. In any event the mayor would always have access to my account, characters, and inventory.

All the best!

Some examples of rare forageables…

EXPLORING
Bees (rare)
Easter Eggs (rare)
Coins (rare)
Earthworm Python (rare)
Singing Old Log (rare)
Porcupine Spines (rare)
Brilliant Honey-Dew (rare)
Traces of the Lost Colony (rare)
Torn Tentacle (rare)
Vibrant Peat Moss (rare)
Animal Canine (rare)
Colorful Autumn Leaf (rare)
Giant Willow Aphid (rare)
Petrified Wood (rare)
Sand Dollar (rare)
Scintillating Sand (rare)
Shed Skin (rare)
Slim Stickbug (rare)
Whispering Snake Skull (very rare)
Runestone Shard (very rare)

SMALL GAME HUNTING
Raw Long Ear (rare)
Tiny Pocketwatch (rare)
Jackalope Antlers (rare)
Cricket Violin (rare)
Etterfang (rare)
Forked Tongue (rare)
Rainbow Scales (rare)
Rattle Rattler (rare)
Whispering Snake Skull (rare)
Majestic Tail-Feather of Turkey (rare)
Weighty Wattle (rare)
Last Wish-Bone (rare)
The Elusive Last Bone (rare)
macaronic

Re: I'm looking to regularly donate rare items to a town

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 pm

God damn, you just made an account and you are already giving stuff away?
You are probably the best human being i've ever met on salem.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Ghoul » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Would you like to donate rare items to me just 'cause?
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby macaronic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Just looking to contribute and join a town. I don't usually play games for more than a few months.

The last MMO I played was Rust which has a pretty brutal raiding mechanic, a cutthroath/botderline psychopathic community, and I lost a lost of my work countless times. When I finally figured it out, crafted the various items, and explored the map, it got boring and I gave away all my things to the long-term players. I played solo for the added challenge.

I'm looking to do that from the very beginning this time with this MMO as I know there are some long term players that would actually appreciate rare items for their long term goals whereas I just want to try out the tech tree and try out the game. I've been puttering about solo for a few days now.
macaronic

Postby macaronic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Ghoul wrote:Would you like to donate rare items to me just 'cause?

Would I be able to use your established buildings and structures in return (a high barrier to entry for new players)?
macaronic

Postby Bleuwulf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 pm

macaronic wrote:
Ghoul wrote:Would you like to donate rare items to me just 'cause?

Would I be able to use your established buildings and structures in return (a high barrier to entry for new players)?

this evokes the glaring flaw in your strategy. simply put: you are going to have a rough time of trying to fully explore the skill/craft tree if you give away your good inspirationals and/or neglect to build and protect the various crafting stations required. you may get lucky but most towns are only looking for "active" players to join the slave labor pool and do the chores noone else wants to bother with like rubbling,coaling, and so on....

part of the strategy here is a funny slow burn kind of juggling act,trying to balance production improvements with the defenses to protect them,trying to balance chores that need to be done RIGHT NOW with "fun" pursuits and studying to offset the encroaching madness caused by said chores,etc. making alts with a given "job" is a common and encouraged practice,but you would find that even most of these have overlapping areas of skill for ease and versatility,for example just bc you have access to a craft "station" does not mean you will be able to utilize it without the corresponding skill(s) (in most cases) and with the proper corresponding skill usually comes the ability to build the "station" in question for yourself.

I guess what im trying to say is,nomatter what your setup,if you tunnel vision on a given play mechanic and neglect the others,it is almost sure to have a negative if not downright crippling effect on your "chosen" activity,just my two cents.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby macaronic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 am

Thank you Bleuwulf. I appreciate your advice as I'm still new to the game. I'll try my hand at going solo as a hermit.
macaronic

Return to Planters & Pilgrims