Jobs, Taxes and Government

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Jobs, Taxes and Government

Postby KatrinaVlahos » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 am

Literally. Jobs as in just like real life jobs kinda jobs!

Imagine this scenario:
Heffernan is dream-world raiding someone from KKK and has no time to harvest his crops and/or mine his ores and/or smelt his bars, build some structures, etc. What's stopping him from hiring someone to do these jobs for him while he does his own thing? It would be a win-win scenario since Heffernan gets to start up a slave trade and the employees get some cash doing something.

I thought of this idea after seeing what some people post in the Trade Forums. The amount of silver that's in circulation is overflowing, especially for long-term players. Then we could have some sort of government system who gains from the taxes. We already have existing skills for this - Compacts & Constituions, A Formal Education, etc. to integrate into a government system. Think of it as some sort of extension to the top towns who get % revenue from Stall sales.

A casual Job Listing board could be set up in Providence for newer players who need some sort of start-up silver since Indian Tracking and Savage Charms are the starter way to gain silver - this feels a bit unrealistic. I think Savage Charm sell price should be nerfed honestly.

When this gets established, it could rise up to a whole inter-connected system just like real-life until it gets to the point where people use the job system to their advantage by making alts and then all sorts of spies and secret agents start up then we get another extension of that branch where we get new skills specific to becoming a secret agent and then we get police officers and all sorts of things all from that job system.
KatrinaVlahos

Re: Jobs, Taxes and Government

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:04 am

Nothing is stopping anyone from doing this except the risk of letting any old 'newbie' into your base. Posing as a new player to get access to a town or claim is a favorite tactic of some raiders.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby KatrinaVlahos » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 am

Yeah but making it official so that it actually "exists." Like actually having some sort of Job speciality - Doctor, Engineer, Chefs, etc. Then we could have an education system too.

It's just that after seeing the thread Heff posted about "raiding" someone's Dream-world mine, it was basically a raid but it wasn't a raid because of the game's code so it was a rather gray area.

I think making something official is different from "There's no stopping you from doing it" especially if we want to keep a new batch of long-term players to give a good first impression of the game. I mean, can you imagine being greeted with a "Job Bulletin Board" in Providence? It emulates the immigration in real life where people go to another country to work - and in our case, Pilgrims go to the New World to work and get established.
KatrinaVlahos

Postby Qiresea » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:53 am

there is nothing complicated in the definition of a raid. when you take something that belongs to someone else, it is a raid. you are confusing it with leaving scents. you can do it without leaving scents, but that doesnt make it less of a raid.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby punker » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:19 am

Salems a bit like real life jobs but with less pay.
punker

Postby Chrumps » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:00 am

When it is posted in HoB, it's official.
Chrumps

Postby Forungi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:09 am

All of this can be done without any sort of handheld system.

Just contact the big ***** around here and ask them to be their slave.
Forungi

Postby Yes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:19 pm

I think a bulletin board would be nice.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby kitty629 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:01 am

Isnt that what the not yet implemented work orders are for? In Providence?
kitty629
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:26 am

The trade orders will you be collecting items for His Majesty's various hobbies and afflictions.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations