Modded Client with Vanilla OpenGL Version

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Modded Client with Vanilla OpenGL Version

Postby Ghoul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:59 pm

My laptop hardware doesn't support the version of OpenGL used by both of the public modded clients. It does however support the version used by the vanilla client.

Is there a modded client out there that uses the same OpenGL version as the vanilla client?
If there is one I plead for access.

I don't know why Ender's client uses a newer version of OpenGL or if the newer version isn't required for the modded features. However, I think it's unfair that the only clients that are available publicly which make the game playable are unavailable to me.

Please help.

tl;dr (for clarity)
none of the modded clients work for me because the version of opengl they use is too high, or possibly some other issue
please give me your modded client(s) with the same version of opengl as the vanilla client to use so i can luv u longtime :D
Last edited by Ghoul on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Re: Modded Client with Vanilla OpenGL Version

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:24 pm

[quote="Ghoul"
However, I think it's unfair that the only clients that are available publicly which make the game playable are unavailable to me.
[/quote]

The game is perfectly playable without a custom client. You should message the mod creators about it. You also have the option to customize the client yourself.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ghoul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Dallane wrote:
Ghoul wrote:However, I think it's unfair that the only clients that are available publicly which make the game playable are unavailable to me.

The game is perfectly playable without a custom client. You should message the mod creators about it. You also have the option to customize the client yourself.

I don't know any java but I have limited programming experience. I doubt it would be a simple matter to customize it myself.

I guess you're right. It is playable. But there are so many inconvenient qualities to the vanilla client. Inventory organization/management for example.

Also, take a gander at this.

Go away Angel, I'm only paying you $60 if you suck me off.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Bleuwulf » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:33 pm

I heard from trustworthy sources that the Russians have a killer client,but good luck finding or convincing them to write it in English... ;)
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby AngelOfSilence » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:I heard from trustworthy sources that the Russians have a killer client,but good luck finding or convincing them to write it in English... ;)

lol it's a fake legend bcos russianss are tryhards
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Bleuwulf » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

AngelOfSilence wrote:
Bleuwulf wrote:I heard from trustworthy sources that the Russians have a killer client,but good luck finding or convincing them to write it in English... ;)

lol it's a fake legend bcos russianss are tryhards

Oh yea??? Tell that to the Pentagon... :lol:
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am

I heard from a trustworthy source that I would be willing to learn Russian and/or translate it myself :D
Ghoul

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 am

Ghoul wrote:I heard from a trustworthy source that I would be willing to learn Russian and/or translate it myself :D

If you do,don't forget to come back and love on the rest of us with a copy!!! :)

Asides that,the client to go with (english wise) is Ender's,hands down!

you can find that here: http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50
Bleuwulf

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:49 am

Bleuwulf wrote:
Ghoul wrote:I heard from a trustworthy source that I would be willing to learn Russian and/or translate it myself :D

If you do,don't forget to come back and love on the rest of us with a copy!!! :)

Asides that,the client to go with (english wise) is Ender's,hands down!

you can find that here: http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50

I thought I explained that I can't use the modded clients :?
Ghoul

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:03 am

even with the :gl meshmode d trick?
Bleuwulf

Next

Return to Artifice & Arcana