fix charges in the shops!

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

fix charges in the shops!

Postby nuty » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

ive bought rubbery refresher 2 times and they both had 1 charge on them so its a fraud!!! please fix that
nuty

Re: fix charges in the shops!

Postby kitty629 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 am

Player stalls can list whatever they want on them. Why would you buy a second when you were not happy with the first? What is the saying fooled once shame on you, fooled twice shame on me?
kitty629
Customer

Postby Yes » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:58 am

Fooling someone is still fooling, no matter how many times that happened. There's no justification for such a fraud.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby kitty629 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:01 am

Considering that if he traded in person he could have been scammed of his silver and got no potion at all, I think it was a lesson learned.
kitty629
Customer

Postby AcidSpiral » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:12 am

I think he is more posting about the fact that stalls do not show the number of uses remaining on items in them.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:21 am

Stalls showing the # of uses remaining... is possibly a thing to be done someday, though idk if the devs even want that.

Those stalls are player owned, and therefore it is almost as much risk as trading through a barrel.

Next thing is, someone says he bought something in a stall for 10k and thought it must be a really great item because he did not know it and it's that expensive, and it only was some madness item. :D

Next thing is someone complains about barrels and how they are not safe for trading and wants a safe trading method.

Next thing is someone complains he stepped 3 tiles out of the providence claim and got killed, and wants some sort of safety for that.

Not going to happen.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Qiresea » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 am

i think it is normal that someone should consider it fraud to buy a multiple-use item in a stall only to find out that it has only one use left. several people have reported this, and yes, the devs should take care of it, or it should be visibly noted somewhere to clarify for new people in the game how the interface works. this is a feature of the stall interface, not a choice of the stall owner and i am sure that there are (honest) traders who dislike this feature. from there to extrapolate that three tiles off providence should be safe or people will complain about it is a pointless and irrelevant remark.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 am

The fix for this is very complex and would require delving into the hellish depths of the original code. So... I understand you'd like to see this, so would I, but easier said than done.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 am

TotalyMeow wrote:The fix for this is very complex and would require delving into the hellish depths of the original code. So... I understand you'd like to see this, so would I, but easier said than done.

how about only allowing things with full use in stalls?
Heffernan

Postby Qiresea » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 am

i have made a comment on the wiki page about player stalls to indicate this issue

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Player_Stalls
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities