Table of research!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Table of research!

Postby bokido » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 am

My idea is this: Insert a search system for the increase of 1 point proficiences and I'll explain how.
For example by placing one single piece of wood in this research bench with the passage of time develops you a point that you can enter, if the wood a point of "Hammer & Nails, a sort of accumulator which then, depending on what you put you it gives the possibility to increase by one point one of the areas of proficiences!
sorry for my english but I hope you understand the concept.
bokido
Customer

Re: Table of research!

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

Is this suppose to be like how Ambergris slowly gains law&lore but with other items + this research table or...?
Seems like an interesting idea and at the cost of mats to make these tables it could be a decent trade-off to make passive lvling overtime easier and less inspiration consuming.

And I can only see this being helpful for ppl who want to raise proficiencies beyond 1000 though.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Table of research!

Postby bokido » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Is this suppose to be like how Ambergris slowly gains law&lore but with other items + this research table or...?
Seems like an interesting idea and at the cost of mats to make these tables it could be a decent trade-off to make passive lvling overtime easier and less inspiration consuming.

And I can only see this being helpful for ppl who want to raise proficiencies beyond 1000 though.

the idea was to put an object which then resulted to be at the "branch" that you want to reach.
You can only put one thing, however, it must integrate proficiences you want to increase.
Example: Iron heart = Hammer & Nails.
After some time as a result of the search bank gives you 1 point "Hammer & Nails".
obviously the search bank will be very expensive and difficult to build!
bokido
Customer

Return to Ideas & Innovations