Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Shadow86 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:49 am

Not the same as killing, but almost as pitiful as ***** your pants in the local mall.
Shadow86

Postby nadde991 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:06 pm

lachlaan wrote:
nadde991 wrote:Fair point, but it would still be cool if you could murder people without irl money.

You mean on day 1 of an expedition? Cause unless you're concerned about killing small alts early on, you can still get the story of cain and abel.

The skill "The story of Cain and Abel" is pretty much a useless skill at this point, getting that skill is a waste of time.
Either you buy a memento mori (for irl cash) or you buy from another person who already bought one.

I am not concerned about killing alts, I just want to be able to kill someone so they can't rebuild easily, and no I don't mean
killing them if they left scents I mean just killing people to reduce competition.
matan002 wrote:i'm on the most updated and highest technologically advanced mac, completely superior to the grub you call windows ¦]
nadde991

Postby lachlaan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:13 pm

nadde991 wrote:Fair point, but it would still be cool if you could murder people without irl money.

nadde991 wrote:The skill "The story of Cain and Abel" is pretty much a useless skill at this point, getting that skill is a waste of time.
Either you buy a memento mori (for irl cash) or you buy from another person who already bought one.

You clearly do have a way to murder people without irl money, though. As for wether the amount of effort is balanced or not is a different thing altogether.
If someone is willing to get that skill off the market and sell it, since it will be a valuable item on the early expedition markets, then all you need to do is get in-game currency and trade that. There you go, you can kill without irl money.

If a raider would be willing to get that skill then so would traders trying to obtain your shiny silvers, so it's very unlikely that there'd be none on the market, it's more a matter of what you're willing to pay for the equivalent of however much cloak & dagger it takes to get up to the story of cain and abel.

And if you can argue that it's to expensive for anyone to want it, then you're still left with as much effort needed as the other poor guy to achieve the same task. The real issue I feel is that once you've skilled up to learn the story of cain & abel the normal way, it then becomes a huge waste to use that character, and risk it getting stocked or trial by combat'd. The reward is often times not worth the effort put in. That's more likely the issue, is it not?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby nadde991 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 pm

lachlaan wrote:

nadde991 wrote:The skill "The story of Cain and Abel" is pretty much a useless skill at this point, getting that skill is a waste of time.

You clearly do have a way to murder people without irl money, though. As for wether the amount of effort is balanced or not is a different thing altogether.
If someone is willing to get that skill off the market and sell it, since it will be a valuable item on the early expedition markets, then all you need to do is get in-game currency and trade that. There you go, you can kill without irl money.

If a raider would be willing to get that skill then so would traders trying to obtain your shiny silvers, so it's very unlikely that there'd be none on the market, it's more a matter of what you're willing to pay for the equivalent of however much cloak & dagger it takes to get up to the story of cain and abel.

And if you can argue that it's to expensive for anyone to want it, then you're still left with as much effort needed as the other poor guy to achieve the same task. The real issue I feel is that once you've skilled up to learn the story of cain & abel the normal way, it then becomes a huge waste to use that character, and risk it getting stocked or trial by combat'd. The reward is often times not worth the effort put in. That's more likely the issue, is it not?

Can you please make so you can buy a Memento Mori from a npc or something.

This is what i proposed if you disagree then say so, I am not here to argue
matan002 wrote:i'm on the most updated and highest technologically advanced mac, completely superior to the grub you call windows ¦]
nadde991

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm

nadde991 wrote:

It's not going to happen.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Shadow86 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:11 am

I will be graciously selling these mori on the expedition server unless JC makes it impossible.

I will accept silver on prov, in exchange for the item on the expedition (at a mark up of about 200%) So the mori will most likely cost 10k.

The price for sport murdering is a steep one.
Shadow86

Postby Reviresco » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:48 am

How does getting executioner masks on an expedition work? If you show up with a murder character can you just kill and scalp your own newbie alts in gradually increasing scalp scores and get mask after mask? Or is there a minimum?
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:24 am

Reviresco wrote:How does getting executioner masks on an expedition work? If you show up with a murder character can you just kill and scalp your own newbie alts in gradually increasing scalp scores and get mask after mask? Or is there a minimum?

IIRC, there was a minimum number, though it was fairly low. You won't be doing this in a vacuum though, everyone else will be competing to get the largest scalps as quickly as possible as well and some people will turn in much higher scalps just to prevent others from getting masks.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby nadde991 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:53 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
nadde991 wrote:

It's not going to happen.

Finally an answer. I guess you guys like money ¦]
nadde991

Postby Kandarim » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:54 pm

nadde991 wrote:Finally an answer. I guess you guys like money ¦]

I guess you like killing ¦]
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements