New Server (Poll)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Would you like to play on a smaller map?

I would like to play on a smaller map (2-4x Popham size) and carry my character and store items over
5%
I would like to play on a smaller map (2-4x Popham size) and carry only store items over
9%
I prefer the current larger map
60%
I would like to play on a smaller map, but would not like to wipe Providence at all
20%
I am indifferent
5%

Total votes : 55

Re: New Server (Poll)

Postby Coveredwagon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:36 am

I am okay with the map size, probably because I like it that not every target is easy to find.
Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never learn the trade.
Coveredwagon

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:35 am

Darwoth wrote:this is just yet another thread from the **** players clamoring for a wipe using things that have no effect on them as a talking point, there have been a half dozen wipes in this games history because the previous developers were morons that continuously used them to try to "reset" the game after they ***** it up. the end result is the **** players were still **** and wanted a wipe 4 months later and the quality players again rose to the top but them and the overall population became less in number with each wipe.

map size is to large (again a retarded decision from the previous developers) but not a "big problem" and in reality for the majority of the playerbase is how they would want it anyway since 95% of the people in the game are sheep.

the only scenario a "map change" would work in is if characters transferred over, you could build crates or suitcases to transfer items over and your "town" (buildings, wall tiles, braziers etc) got sent to you in the mail to be taken out and placed again, short of that no thanks. i have better **** to do then restart salem for the umpteenth time just to kick the same group of retards asses again until they cry for another wipe.

I don't want a wipe, I'd prefer there to be a secondary server to play on that is also permanent
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 am

same thing essentially, for one reason or other you have decided you can not compete on the existing server and want a do over. the playerbase does not support multiple permanent servers and back when we had three (all with maps roughly the size of popham) we just had three low pop servers that people were far more dissatisfied with.

stop being a liberal and man up, if you want to cause waves do so in the environment you have to work with.
Darwoth

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:14 am

Why are people even complaining about **** river code when you have mounts(Cricket/Horse)

Maybe JC will re-release Salem on steam for population increase when the new expedition comes out. Or hope that he sees this suggestion and considers it.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Shadow86 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:34 am

I have to say no to this.

Expeditions solve everything all the sheep and wolves want. You get a fresh server every year at least, with a goal of bringing new items to providence.

I do not see an issue with map size, its supposed to be large as to provide space and future growth. We have fast mounts and travel.

I can see in the distance an issue coming, perhaps characters are out growing mechanics, but then again long as its not game breaking (I.E legacy humus/purity) I don't see why patches can not continue to keep up with advancements.

Prov is supposed to be a stronghold and not easily traversed and raided upon, again Expeditions.

As Darwoth already said, use the environment you have to your advantage.
Shadow86

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 am

+1 FOR NO WIPE!!! why ? somebody selfish and wanna wipe my months works ? few player work few years... for this result...
and player what wanna wipe? what have ? NOTHING!

What i wanna see about "map" add more maps like dreamwords
example big map and many island but for only explore and hunt player / tresures / monster

NAME: The dark sea!
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby punker » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:11 am

The pain caused by wipe to vets will be hugely disproportionate to the small amount of joy noobs like me will get. So no wipe.
punker

Postby Chrumps » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Why are people even complaining about **** river code when you have mounts(Cricket/Horse)

1. Rivers suck because mounts are better.
2. Try to transport heavy items like a corpse, a green pot or an eternal flame on a larger distance.
3. Using big boats makes little sense with the current river system.
It is just one of game systems which does not work as intended. Fixing it is not a priority issue, just a nice thing.
I do not think this can be improved by other way than devs intervention. Allowing players to do the terraforming would be worse than opening a Pandora Box.

As for population size, screw the old player retention and instead focus on fixing new player first impression and good in-game guidance up to the point a new player has a claim bigger than 5x5, a stone wall with a locked gate and a few torches.
Older players will have more fun when there are more potential targets.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Chrumps wrote:As for population size, screw the old player retention and instead focus on fixing new player first impression and good in-game guidance up to the point a new player has a claim bigger than 5x5, a stone wall with a locked gate and a few torches.
Older players will have more fun when there are more potential targets.

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:09 pm

I dont care so much about my characters, stuff and bases probaly because character wise I never went full retard, stuff wise I never really cared about legacy items and other rares. I am glad that I have not since they ruined almost all ''rares'' with free giveaways and other b/s like that, base wise I simply could take over a few good bases that were better than I would make them after months of time invested.

I dont, nor ever have played for those purposes and sadly Providence is all about that nowadays. Another pernament server with different mechanics overall would be interesting and has been suggested already many times. The fun fact about the older servers is that you would be in different environments and that was somewhat great. You've had different factions and people on each server and most of them would stay on their single realm. The server merge didn't necessary do any good in that aspect. I am aware that the game does not hold enough players now to split into different servers but there is a clear reason why they were implemented in the first place and why many games do it this way.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations