Visions of Sugarplums

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Visions of Sugarplums

Postby pestilence123 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:53 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
pestilence123 wrote:Cool, everyone got what he wanted, and I got some useless piece of ****. Can't believe you guys make people feeling sad even at Christmas. :( :(

And Santa laughed and laughed and laughed.

I do not see anything that would be contrary to the first post of this thread. You did not specify any of the rules of writing letters. Some players got things that are not available within the game mechanics. Terraforming, unique things and more.
pestilence123

Postby MarpTarpton » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:06 pm

This is the kind of event that didn't have posted "rules." Bring your letter to Santa, and have a chance at presents. Santa never told anyone they'd receive gifts. He said they may receive gifts. Santa is above rules and your judgement. He is the Alpha and Omega of Christmas gift giving. You were the child who asked for a million dollars, a pony and a ferrari on their Christmas list. And now you're upset with your parents because they got you something reasonable. I hope you're not like this in real life.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby pestilence123 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:This is the kind of event that didn't have posted "rules." Bring your letter to Santa, and have a chance at presents. Santa never told anyone they'd receive gifts. He said they may receive gifts. Santa is above rules and your judgement. He is the Alpha and Omega of Christmas gift giving. You were the child who asked for a million dollars, a pony and a ferrari on their Christmas list. And now you're upset with your parents because they got you something reasonable. I hope you're not like this in real life.

But this is still game. Some players got an advantage, some players does not. It is bad when this advantage is determined by some "Santa's decision".
pestilence123

Postby Dallane » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:52 pm

pestilence123 wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:This is the kind of event that didn't have posted "rules." Bring your letter to Santa, and have a chance at presents. Santa never told anyone they'd receive gifts. He said they may receive gifts. Santa is above rules and your judgement. He is the Alpha and Omega of Christmas gift giving. You were the child who asked for a million dollars, a pony and a ferrari on their Christmas list. And now you're upset with your parents because they got you something reasonable. I hope you're not like this in real life.

But this is still game. Some players got an advantage, some players does not. It is bad when this advantage is determined by some "Santa's decision".

Don't make retarded wishes so santa doesn't have to give retarded gifts.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kandarim » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:52 pm

pestilence123 wrote:But this is still game. Some players got an advantage, some players does not. It is bad when this advantage is determined by some "Santa's decision".

I "missed out" on the same last year, and I learned. If you had checked last year's thread on the letter-writing, you would've seen that people got similar stuff back then.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby pestilence123 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Dallane wrote:Don't make retarded wishes so santa doesn't have to give retarded gifts.

Please give me a definition of retarded wishes, so I can avoid them.
pestilence123

Postby Hose » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Plz santa, gift me a pack of beef whistle protectors.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Just guessing because it's totally Marp's event but I'd say money and stuff usually given out as a special achievement item. And perhaps store uniques.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Coveredwagon » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Thank you Santa Marp.

I will use my new scythe wisely and with utmost care.

Best regards,
John Maynard
Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never learn the trade.
Coveredwagon

Postby lachlaan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Out of curiosity, if I had gone on the trek, and wished that Santa put JC in the cage usually meant for Marp, and forced him to finish the patch by today, would that have happened? I figured it best not to turn Marpta Clause against his master though, and as such refrained from wishing at all.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements