1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Postby Claeyt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 am

MarpTarpton wrote:Once again, and for emphasis, the player knew a bug was happening.

Well if Altazar1/Grand Boos knew it was happening when he bought them in the stall that is something else. It sure doesn't sound like he knew, but if you're positive he knew...
Claeyt

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:13 am

The player purchased the eyes and then reported that the eyes were on the stalls and asked if the quantity and low price was due to the existence of a bug. I find this method of thought to be backwards.

1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game going for half their value at a minimum on an enemy player's stall.
2) Player contacts friends in order to get loan for additional silver in order to buy multiples.
3) Player purchases fortune's worth of said item.
4) Player contacts a dev to ask whether or not a bug is involved for there to be so many so cheap after step 3 was completed.

No soup for you.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:16 am

MarpTarpton wrote:The player purchased the eyes and then reported that the eyes were on the stalls and asked if the quantity and low price was due to the existence of a bug. I find this method of thought to be backwards.

1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game going for half their value at a minimum on an enemy player's stall.
2) Player contacts friends in order to get loan for additional silver in order to buy multiples.
3) Player purchases fortune's worth of said item.
4) Player contacts a dev to ask whether or not a bug is involved for there to be so many so cheap after step 3 was completed.

No soup for you.

sooo you mean I guilty only?
how i know about that abuse?
i first buy later you log in and i ask you marp about that if i dont tell soo left witch craft that in month year more time?
Becouse you and Carver cant make test server where first test and later add patch?
who tested all that abusse only Darworth Judaism or someone another in game player?

why another game more loyale for player but not here?
or you practice "Justice for Donators"?
i tell for that and what i have?
lost all?
ALTaZAR1

Postby Iracus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:26 am

I don't understand the logic that is being displayed.

Player A abuses bug and sells items gained from said bug to Player B
Devs find out about bug and remove items from game screwing Player B out of items and silver
Player A skips to the bank to deposit the illicit silver without so much as a slap on the wrist.

How does this make any sense? This would be like if someone sold me a **** ton of cocaine, the police caught wind and took all my cocaine from me. But left the dealer alone to keep the money that they obtained by breaking the law. "Hey you shouldn't have bought that cocaine, how dare you do such a dumb thing you idiot." "Oh but dealer you silly goose, you shouldn't have done that but I guess you can keep the money lolololol"

I don't understand how punishing those who abuse bugs by removing the items they obtained through less than legit means is setting a bad standard.

Edit: For the record I don't care about anyone that has been affected by this bug. It is just I have become annoyed by the ass backwards logic enough to post.
Iracus

Postby lachlaan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 am

At what Iracus posted, I can only say that I'm starting to understand how Jorb and Loftar slowly slipped into their policy of punishing left and right if they ever got pulled into drama. Like Marp said it'd be a pain to investigate all this as they pass the blame around, and to be honest the person selling the stuff is not the person that was duping the stuff. Would be nice if silver were trackable and could be detracted from wherever it was. Confiscate both money and the illegal goods. But alas I just want my patch and a not too stressed bunch of devs that can enjoy their holidays once they're done slaving for us. And if later on they want to sift through the logs and retroactively make it clear to the involved parties that the next time they take away from dev time the toll will be greater, and that they should be careful when dealing with shady stuff, then that'd be nice too.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 am

Iracus wrote:I don't understand the logic that is being displayed.

Player A abuses bug and sells items gained from said bug to Player B
Devs find out about bug and remove items from game screwing Player B out of items and silver
Player A skips to the bank to deposit the illicit silver without so much as a slap on the wrist.

How does this make any sense? This would be like if someone sold me a **** ton of cocaine, the police caught wind and took all my cocaine from me. But left the dealer alone to keep the money that they obtained by breaking the law. "Hey you shouldn't have bought that cocaine, how dare you do such a dumb thing you idiot." "Oh but dealer you silly goose, you shouldn't have done that but I guess you can keep the money lolololol"

I don't understand how punishing those who abuse bugs by removing the items they obtained through less than legit means is setting a bad standard.

Edit: For the record I don't care about anyone that has been affected by this bug. It is just I have become annoyed by the ass backwards logic enough to post.

Well, I am not intending to accuse anyone here, but I would not be surprised if the devs motives for their actions were to spark conflict and drama, or some other reason than what they stated,
but it is unlikely they're just going to tell us.
(Your last sentence may be a hint to the actual reason...)
¦]

As to the actual handling of the situation, I would have expected just what you said, that the silver gained through exploit abuse would be seized, but again, this is Salem, not all usual rules apply here.

lachlaan wrote:At what Iracus posted, I can only say that I'm starting to understand how Jorb and Loftar slowly slipped into their policy of punishing left and right if they ever got pulled into drama. Like Marp said it'd be a pain to investigate all this as they pass the blame around, and to be honest the person selling the stuff is not the person that was duping the stuff. Would be nice if silver were trackable and could be detracted from wherever it was. Confiscate both money and the illegal goods. But alas I just want my patch and a not too stressed bunch of devs that can enjoy their holidays once they're done slaving for us. And if later on they want to sift through the logs and retroactively make it clear to the involved parties that the next time they take away from dev time the toll will be greater, and that they should be careful when dealing with shady stuff, then that'd be nice too.

You don't need to track anything, though I guess that would be totally possible.
I would do it in a way like: Return the silver in full amount to the authorities, or face a prison sentence (be banned for x days per each 50k or so) for everyone involved on that side.
Would probably cause even more drama. :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:11 am

To the idiots that doesn't know **** but is continuously suggesting ban this player and ban that player or giving this idiot back his silver. I would fully agree with Grand Boos getting his silver back if he had bought 1 eye (maybe even 2) but can you seriously ***** tell me that this idiot bought 5 darken bears eyes which is an item that has NEVER been sold on stalls or at least publicly in a matter of a FEW HOURS for less than HALF the expected price?And then to top it all off he proceeded to report it to a dev AFTER he bought it. Let me tell y'all what this idiot was thinking "Let me buy these eyes and then report it to the devs so I will either keep the eyes or get my silver back if it turns out to be a bug" and as far as I see he's basically worse than the "bug abuser".
If you think that this scumbag should get his silver back then something must be wrong :lol: , I respect the devs decision as it would just be a lot of unnecessary time put into something that is surely not worth it. If this idiots want this silver back then he should go to the base of the person who took it and take actions accordingly instead of shouting racial slurs in providence or being a whiny fool on forums.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:23 am

Goodman12 wrote:To the idiots that doesn't know **** but is continuously suggesting ban this player and ban that player or giving this idiot back his silver. I would fully agree with Grand Boos getting his silver back if he had bought 1 eye (maybe even 2) but can you seriously ***** tell me that this idiot bought 5 darken bears eyes which is an item that has NEVER been sold on stalls or at least publicly in a matter of a FEW HOURS for less than HALF the expected price?And then to top it all off he proceeded to report it to a dev AFTER he bought it. Let me tell y'all what this idiot was thinking "Let me buy these eyes and then report it to the devs so I will either keep the eyes or get my silver back if it turns out to be a bug" and as far as I see he's basically worse than the "bug abuser".
If you think that this scumbag should get his silver back then something must be wrong :lol: , I respect the devs decision as it would just be a lot of unnecessary time put into something that is surely not worth it. If this idiots want this silver back then he should go to the base of the person who took it and take actions accordingly instead of shouting racial slurs in providence or being a whiny fool on forums.

Now you tell me how an item that has never been publicly traded has an "expected" marked value other than a random number that you and your friends imagined?
¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 am

Goodman12 wrote:To the idiots that doesn't know **** but is continuously suggesting ban this player and ban that player or giving this idiot back his silver. I would fully agree with Grand Boos getting his silver back if he had bought 1 eye (maybe even 2) but can you seriously ***** tell me that this idiot bought 5 darken bears eyes which is an item that has NEVER been sold on stalls or at least publicly in a matter of a FEW HOURS for less than HALF the expected price?And then to top it all off he proceeded to report it to a dev AFTER he bought it. Let me tell y'all what this idiot was thinking "Let me buy these eyes and then report it to the devs so I will either keep the eyes or get my silver back if it turns out to be a bug" and as far as I see he's basically worse than the "bug abuser".

Well, Riolic got one eye from bear, then another, then another ten. And instead to inform developers he decided to sell that eyes and make a bunch of t2 witches. Why did he have to leave all this things for himself and not be punished?
Shifting responsibility for bug abuse on the victim of that bug abuse, it is obvious favoritism.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:48 am

Taipion wrote:Now you tell me how an item that has never been publicly traded has an "expected" marked value other than a random number that you and your friends imagined?
¦]

1) The troll face at the end doesn't change the fact that it is a stupid question and that you are "dead" serious about it.
2) Well Mr.StupidQuestions, I could simply go on and on about how much of a stupid question that is but instead I will just leave this here.
MarpTarpton wrote:1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game going for half their value at a minimum on an enemy player's stall.

Of course sheer common sense and game knowledge would be enough to tell you that such an item is worth wayyy above 50k silver but obviously that is something you lack.

EDIT:
JohnSnow wrote:Well, Riolic got one eye from bear, then another, then another ten. And instead to inform developers he decided to sell that eyes and make a bunch of t2 witches. Why did he have to leave all this things for himself and not be punished?
Shifting responsibility for bug abuse on the victim of that bug abuse, it is obvious favoritism.

A statement made upon a bunch of assumptions and wrong information by an idiot imo. I will not waste my time explaining yet again why Grand Boos is not a victim of anything and all the other ***** you wrote above.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements