1.3.1 Holiday Cheer

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.1 Holiday Cheer

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Claeyt wrote:So new players, starting now, should never be able to get Lucky?

I keep saying it and a dev still hasn't answered this: Why keep blindfolds and hankies as inspirationals at all if their cost is so much more than their worth as inspirationals? Why not make them better inspirations if you make their cost so much more?

No, Lucky is something you shouldn't be trying to get until you are an old player, with probably almost all the other skills already done.

Why not keep them inspirationals? What kind of stupid question is that? "Oh, I don't like it so let's just delete it." There's no reason to remove that status for anyone who wants to keep using them, who sees them still as usable.

You still haven't made any good argument for how these things should be rebalanced. I think I saw someone ELSE ask that they be x2, maybe that's reasonable and I can ask John what he thinks. Otherwise, you've made your position clear that you want them to be 'better' and you want to complain about it as much as possible, but you have no clue what you actually want. :/ So please shut up now.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 pm

I find it weird that you care about something as luxurious as Lucky, yet when they made the phlegm costs of mining skyrocket you didn't give a **** and said people will have to just get over it.
Reviresco

Postby Dallane » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am

Reviresco wrote:

I find it weird that you care about something as luxurious as Lucky, yet when they made the phlegm costs of mining skyrocket you didn't give a **** and said people will have to just get over it.

The only way claeyt keeps relevant here is to ***** about the littlest thing possible to get people riled up. Notice how as soon as his ban was up he started 4 different fights in 4 different threads? Guy is a total joke. PM meow when he does this stuff with his trolling and derails instead of feeding into his mental illness. The more feedback she gets from the community the faster she can take steps to drain the swamp.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lobo221 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:59 am

Maybe make personal timers for trees and bushes located on town claims and pclaims and trees growing in the wild leave them with decay.
kin/hs: Franek Dolas
lobo221

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am

lobo221 wrote:Maybe make personal timers for trees and bushes located on town claims and pclaims and trees growing in the wild leave them with decay.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work as well as you think it would.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
lobo221 wrote:Maybe make personal timers for trees and bushes located on town claims and pclaims and trees growing in the wild leave them with decay.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work as well as you think it would.

or how much time is left?

IF can i ask, how work bushes ? work with multithreading ?
or global script ? mean, example: per 10h - automatically performs script and change status bushes ? or what ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Each loaded map tile performs a random decay roll, probably, and stuff in the area roll either a yes or a no to the decay tick. Not sure if unloading forces a final decay tick roll or if stumps/logs use different mechanics, but that seems to be the gist of it. That way only loaded stuff takes up processing time.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:53 pm

It should be possible to keep "most recent unload time" value for each map tile and upon tile loading apply appropriate amount of decay hits to all objects on the tile based on the time difference.
Chrumps

Postby lachlaan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Chrumps wrote:It should be possible to keep "most recent unload time" value for each map tile and upon tile loading apply appropriate amount of decay hits to all objects on the tile based on the time difference.

Enemy murders alts at your doorstep, you never unload maps, you never get fruit, nuts, log spawns :\ Could be tweaked i guess with a hybrid system but idk if either your solution or the tweak it'd need would be too taxing on the server. Seems like a possible step in the right direction though. Also can people stop posting in this thread it makes my heart jump seeing a thread by carver on top then makes my heart drop again when it's the one from december :P
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 pm

lachlaan wrote:Enemy murders alts at your doorstep, you never unload maps, you never get fruit, nuts, log spawns

I did not say to remove current decay mechanics. I suggested a workaround to compensate for missing decay hits when the map is not loaded. Leaving a dead alt would change nothing (assuming that probabilities are balanced as they should be).
Chrumps

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements