1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Postby gorniksam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Claeyt wrote:
ALTaZAR1 wrote: i tell Dallane

That will do nothing as Dallane and Darwoth are playing together in game.

My only question for the dev's is why is Riolic allowed to keep the silver from the eyes? I don't think he deserves to be killed but it doesn't seem fair that he gets to keep the money.

Why he should pay for stupidy of retarded ukrain boy? There is no reason to kill him
gorniksam

Postby Claeyt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:07 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Claeyt wrote:

My only question for the dev's is why is Riolic allowed to keep the silver from the eyes? I don't think he deserves to be killed but it doesn't seem fair that he gets to keep the money.

Why he should pay for stupidy of retarded ukrain boy? There is no reason to kill him

I agree there's no reason to kill Riolic but if it was a bug he shouldn't keep the money. How is Altizari stupid for buying the eyes? He didn't know it was a bug or a dupe or whatever. As far as I can tell the only person who was actually punished here was Altizari and he didn't even use the bug. He should get his money back or get to keep the eyes he bought in good faith without using a bug.
Claeyt

Postby gorniksam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Claeyt wrote:I agree there's no reason to kill Riolic but if it was a bug he shouldn't keep the money. How is Altizari stupid for buying the eyes? He didn't know it was a bug or a dupe or whatever. As far as I can tell the only person who was actually punished here was Altizari and he didn't even use the bug. He should get his money back or get to keep the eyes he bought in good faith without using a bug.

Of course. Cos bought a few eyes wasn't weird :roll:
gorniksam

Postby Claeyt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:15 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I agree there's no reason to kill Riolic but if it was a bug he shouldn't keep the money. How is Altizari stupid for buying the eyes? He didn't know it was a bug or a dupe or whatever. As far as I can tell the only person who was actually punished here was Altizari and he didn't even use the bug. He should get his money back or get to keep the eyes he bought in good faith without using a bug.

Not at 50,000s. That seems like a realistic price. It's just weird that the person who actually used the bug was the only one who profited. Like I said. I don't think anyone deserves to have their character killed in Salem but he sure doesn't deserve 250,000s for using the bug or whatever it was.
Claeyt

Postby Judaism » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:26 am

Claeyt wrote:Not at 50,000s. That seems like a realistic price. It's just weird that the person who actually used the bug was the only one who profited. Like I said. I don't think anyone deserves to have their character killed in Salem but he sure doesn't deserve 250,000s for using the bug or whatever it was.

50,000s is far from a realistic price. Multiple darkenbears have actually been hunted. There certainly were odds that an ''legit'' eye coud've been among them. Hunting darkness creatures became worthwhile along with the risks and time effort for once. Remove the 35% tax rates and then you realise its not that much thats left. With all that money you coudn't buy a single ''legit'' eye in any case. The stalls can't trade valuables that rare, that is if the old drop rates were to be held as an example.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:33 am

Claeyt wrote:
gorniksam wrote:

Not at 50,000s. That seems like a realistic price. It's just weird that the person who actually used the bug was the only one who profited. Like I said. I don't think anyone deserves to have their character killed in Salem but he sure doesn't deserve 250,000s for using the bug or whatever it was.

Not really. 50k is much less than eyeball is worth. Its prolly most rare item which you could get from monsters. March Tails, Clawed Talons, Spiked Tails are so easy to get and worth like a 2-10k each. Furfur Wing was worth like a 20-50k before JC's troll. Eyeball was found only one in game long time ago. And not found again before last "days of bug". The price of eyeball what is worth like a 100-200k and amount of it was likely really suspecting so
gorniksam

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:37 am

Special Salem justice. A group of people have found a bug and abused it for getting things illegally. Then the developers removed all these things. Dozen people have lost their items fair obtained from hunting, but group of bug abusers got a lot of silver. Player who absolutely legally buy items from stall appointed as guilty and exiled. Bug abusers have been approved on forum as good guys. Amazing. :lol:
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Tulgarath » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:12 am

JohnSnow wrote:Special Salem justice. A group of people have found a bug and abused it for getting things illegally. Then the developers removed all these things. Dozen people have lost their items fair obtained from hunting, but group of bug abusers got a lot of silver. Player who absolutely legally buy items from stall appointed as guilty and exiled. Bug abusers have been approved on forum as good guys. Amazing. :lol:

So basically you are saying you won't be able to farm whatever item comes out next, so you are worried you won't be able to become a witch when the system is reinstated? Sounds great to me!
Tulgarath

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:28 am

i misread the log format i was under the impression GB was the one selling the eyes and riolic had simply bought them, in light of the new perspective it does appear grand boss got ***** over pretty bad here and has just cause to be pissed off.

not sure why riolic got to make numerous t2 witches and keep 250k from selling the illicit items that were removed as a reward for ***** **** up for everyone else though at the same time i can also understand why the devs do not want to get overly involved and merely fixed the issue then let things stand as they are as doing anything more becomes a slippery slope that always slides into the abyss of whiney rules lawyering which is far worse. all i can say is were it me in this situation i would be making it my personal mission every single day to break it off in riolics ass, guess we will see if that particular group of russians has the tenacity to set things right in their own way like the old groups did or if they will just puss out and fold with a whimper.

at the end of the day this is yet another in a long line of examples going all the way back to launch how the entire kzerg faction are ***** that will abuse everything they can in game ("reporting" it only once their done using it to ensure the highest odds of keeping whatever ill gotten gains) one week than cry foul at the top of their lungs the next when someone uses cheese against them in turn no matter how minor.
Darwoth

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Claeyt wrote:

Ingame trades are not something I want to dirty my hands in, and as soon as I am forced to, you can bet that I will personally start creating "mimic items" through the forgery skill that appear to be certain rare items but then, upon their usage, reveal their true nature as garbage. Once again, and for emphasis, the player knew a bug was happening and still gambled a large fortune purchasing them from an enemy faction for a fraction of what they were actually worth. The dev team does not insure ingame transactions between players, nor the items involved. This situation would be the same if, for example, someone traded arcane amethysts today and tomorrow we changed the iron wall ingredients. The fact that this was due to a, to the player, obvious bug was, unlike that last example, a giant flashing warning sign that was ignored in their haste to scoop up as many as they could.

Edit: To be clear, riolic definitely seized a very shady opportunity here and, if I didn't care about setting a horrifying precedent, I'd gleefully relieve him of his funds and then some for NOT being one of the players to report the bug. But that's a level of interference, digging, finding out who knew about what among the KKK, when they found out, and by the time I get to that point, I know I'll have to sift through ankle deep ***** of half-truths as they nimbly dodge wrongdoings, etc etc etc that I do not want to do. There is still 250k in the economy, just in another corner of the world. The item in question was evaporated before serious harm could be done. Some people made out ahead. Some people have been punished. That silver still exists out there. Go get it back.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements