1.3.1 Holiday Cheer

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.1 Holiday Cheer

Postby IchBin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Im in ice , dont change with season.
how slots for fur pan,ts?
IchBin

Postby Chrumps » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Help popup showed up when I drank broth while not freezing.
I had cold debuff on that char a couple of days earlier, though.
Chrumps

Postby Taipion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:54 pm

...looking at wreaths, dear JC, how about changing the respawn rate of myrtle oak leaves to something less close to ..."never"? :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Reviresco » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Salem is most cheerful place.

All fun of world is had there.

Most happy place.

Family dead.

Have their fun too.
Reviresco

Postby Kia » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:57 pm

THANKS for all the updates and your hard work!
Kia

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:37 pm

IchBin wrote:Im in ice , dont change with season.
how slots for fur pan,ts?

It will only work on "newly" ice-blocked characters (characters who were blocked after the patch).

Chrumps wrote:Help popup showed up when I drank broth while not freezing.
I had cold debuff on that char a couple of days earlier, though.

Indeed..... It does seem you'll get the popup if you do active things to keep yourself warm as well... Not sure I hate this though as a new player who drinks broth or cuddles with a blanket is probably in a position to learn about hypothermia as well.

Taipion wrote:...looking at wreaths, dear JC, how about changing the respawn rate of myrtle oak leaves to something less close to ..."never"? :P

But there are plenty of them out in the world for you to explore :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:20 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:...looking at wreaths, dear JC, how about changing the respawn rate of myrtle oak leaves to something less close to ..."never"? :P

But there are plenty of them out in the world for you to explore :).

That may be true, but is the respawn rate of nuts n leaves really where you want it?
As it stands, you could just as well remove the respawn of those entirely, and little would change, if anything at all.

Enlighten me with your grand plan for nuts (and myrtle oak leaves) if you want, I thought they should respawn in reasonable time, and always since that change wondered why they did not do that anymore.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:26 am

Tree respawns are linked to decay timers and not internal timers. Because the server has SO many trees giving each and every tree an internal timer would be a bit problematic and concerning, which is why it has to link into decay. Decay just isn't consistent enough. As such we are where we are. Its not ideal, but until I rework decay our only option is a dramatic increase in server load to give every nut and leaf producing tree in salem a timer which seems like a worse alternative than having nuts regrow slower than ideal.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lusewing » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:38 am

I'd rather have slow nuts over a slow server. Just plant more if you really don't want to venture a little further outside your homes or you need higher purity nuts.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:47 am

Ok, I can live with that, too. ^^

Thanks for answering this in detail! :-)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements