Movement Malfunction

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Movement Malfunction

Postby Wandering » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:01 am

Recently I have noticed that using the std keyboard movement: AWSD that I can only move a very short distance and then I stop dead and I have to keep hitting the key to keep going in any one direction.

If I use mouse there's no problem. Using mouse I can target the horizon and I go no matter what.

Mouse trumps keyboard?

Since when...

Talking about potentially a major PVP/Hunting handicap if I can't reliably use keyboard for movement control anymore. Sometimes I need to make space between me and a target while swapping weapons (rifle vs blade, etc)

It's the distance issue. I'm pressing 'W'... continuously... but after 10'... I'm stuck unless I press it again and again.

ETC
Wandering

Re: Movement Malfunction

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:08 am

It's always been like that, and it's meant to be that way. Sure, I'd like to see it changed, but it's not a bug. It's one of those things no one has complained about so we put time into other things.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Wandering » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 am

only game in creation ever... that limits movement ASWD... vs mouse.

Perhaps nobody complains b/c nobody could imagine a game where it doesn't work.

Very well, I'll just chock it up to another reason why...
Wandering

Postby 8mm_Mauser » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 am

Quite a few games that run in isometric do that even to this day. Include a good chunk of the old ones such as Fallout alongside a few modern mmos.
inb4 banned 4 this post
8mm_Mauser

Postby Shrapnel » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am

Is it possible to merge all of this dudes complaint threads into one super massive ***** list?

Honestly, getting irritating coming to the forums every day and seeing a new post complaining about something dumb, like the movement system.. its always been this way, and will likely never change. Get over yourself.
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:39 am

Wasn't that an issue only on a horse or a canoe? You ain't hunting any darkness monsters on a horse, so pacify your mammaries. I believe JC or Loftar (i have vague recollection of a lot of dev feedback, but don't quote me on when it was said, and also it's mostly paraphrasing) said at some point that the reason for that was that it was a bit too spammy with the game sending requests a bit too often. Either way it's only for vehicles so it's not as bad as you might think. And navigating with a horse via WSAD is way too clunky anyway since it's pretty fast for calculating your movement in an 8 directional grid with all potential tree obstacles and whatnot.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:44 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:It's one of those things no one has complained about so we put time into other things.

I've complained about it.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't like it either, feels kinda silly,
but then again it goes along very well with all the other stuff that is intentionally designed with the only one purpose of putting more strain onto your hand to keep Salem the most carpal tunnel syndrome causing game in history.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:30 am

Shrapnel wrote:Honestly, getting irritating coming to the forums every day and seeing a new post complaining about something dumb

Nonsense, it's purely entertaining.

lachlaan wrote:the reason for that was that it was a bit too spammy with the game sending requests a bit too often

Yes. To change it, something would have to be drastically recoded in the movement system because the simple fix was too spammy.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Bugs & Technicalities