Visions of Sugarplums

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Visions of Sugarplums

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Tis the season for giving and so Santa Claus has once again set up shop in the New World. Alas, unlike last year, he cannot make the regular trips to town just to hear the wishes of the good little boys and girls. Since the postman doesn't celebrate Christmas, that means it's up to you if you want to have the opportunity to ask a gift of the merry old elf.

Santa's workshop is located on a remote mountaintop:

The trail begins in the south-east of the mountain:

Follow it and reach his workshop for further instructions. Light climbing is required. Dress warmly, bring provisions, don't forget to bring your list, and beware, for there are sure to be many grinches about, just waiting for the chance to ambush travelers on their pilgrimage to Santa's shop. Santa uses his own discretion to give gifts and has a tendency to audit the world's active crime scents before making decisions on whether to give gifts to those who ask for them. So keep that in mind before making the journey.

Starting from Limer's Outpost is the easiest method to get there from town. Take the wagon to the outpost, walk (or ride a horse) north until you reach the mountain. You may bring requests for multiple active town members or friends, but Santa isn't an idiot and will not be tricked by alt accounts. Be sure to include your account and character name in the letter to Santa.

Goodluck :)

Updated 1 - Players have until 11:59 PM EST December 23rd to submit their letters.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Visions of Sugarplums

Postby Kandarim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:59 pm

i want a throne like santa's and will make this very clear in my letter :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:13 pm

A scary trip up a mountin to sit on Santa's knee and get judged by the creepy old man who sneaks into bases without leaving a scent - count me in!
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Lusewing wrote:A scary trip up a mountin to sit on Santa's knee and get judged by the creepy old man who sneaks into bases without leaving a scent - count me in!

That reminds me. Going to have to make sure Santa can't get stocked this year.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:40 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:Tis the season for giving and so Santa Claus has once again set up shop in the New World. Alas, unlike last year, he cannot make the regular trips to town just to hear the wishes of the good little boys and girls. Since the postman doesn't celebrate Christmas, that means it's up to you if you want to have the opportunity to ask a gift of the merry old elf.

Follow it and reach his workshop for further instructions. Light climbing is required. Dress warmly, bring provisions, don't forget to bring your list, and beware, for there are sure to be many grinches about, just waiting for the chance to ambush travelers on their pilgrimage to Santa's shop. Santa uses his own discretion to give gifts and has a tendency to audit the world's active crime scents before making decisions on whether to give gifts to those who ask for them. So keep that in mind before making the journey.

Starting from Limer's Outpost is the easiest method to get there from town. Take the wagon to the outpost, walk (or ride a horse) north until you reach the mountain. You may bring requests for multiple active town members or friends, but Santa isn't an idiot and will not be tricked by alt accounts. Be sure to include your account and character name in the letter to Santa.

Updated 1 - Players have until 11:59 PM EST December 23rd to submit their letters.

ALTaZAR1

Postby lachlaan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:41 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
Lusewing wrote:A scary trip up a mountin to sit on Santa's knee and get judged by the creepy old man who sneaks into bases without leaving a scent - count me in!

That reminds me. Going to have to make sure Santa can't get stocked this year.

Salem gives a new meaning to Christmas stocking ¦]
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:43 pm

And now, because the universe goes by my schedule, we are in a Coldsnap. 20 F traveling the land, -30 F on the mountain.

Bring broth.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby guiscard » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:47 pm

ALTaZAR1 wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:Tis the season for giving and so Santa Claus has once again set up shop in the New World. Alas, unlike last year, he cannot make the regular trips to town just to hear the wishes of the good little boys and girls. Since the postman doesn't celebrate Christmas, that means it's up to you if you want to have the opportunity to ask a gift of the merry old elf.

Jesus
guiscard

Postby Taipion » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Put an igloo there, it's pretty cold. :lol:

...rang the bell, nothing yet...

[edit:]
I still think the igloo looks nice there, but its not cold if you just stand on the wooden area. :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Thank you for building the igloo. This is how you get on the nice list.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements