Black Friday 2016

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Black Friday 2016

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:you still have to get "itema" and "itemb" wich i wont name that comes from darkness animals.

ooooh no the 2 easiest to get!

after hunting down loads of permakill darkness animals, if u would play salem u would know that mr nonfactor.

Wing drops are as rare(for me apparently) as the bearpaws you were crying about in ideas.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lachlaan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:55 pm

Bear paws are discriminating bastards xD I've only ever dropped 1, and that was over a year into the game. The general paranoia has long since settled in and made me think that the RNG coding Loftar left us with is broken, but who knows in the end. This event was a nice chance for us to show just how ham we can go.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:08 pm

It was absolutely unnecessary to ruin witchcraft as the bearpaws were good enough already, they didn't adjusted the prices properly either, a furfur wing used to atleast have a market value of two bearpaws. From their previous mindsets this call makes absolutely zero sense at all and they should be corrected on their mistakes. Other carebears probaly kept begging and as always they decided to ruin yet another core mechanics of the game.

It is absolutely true that several of those 37 wings will be ruined and most of them won't even know anything about witchcraft, but its certainly retarded. I have gotten my wing from a furfur, I have actively hunt them on Popham and on Providence and it actually takes very long to get one on average, a 2-3 hour worm quest is nothing in comparison and its yet another backstab to the old playerbase. Like how serious can you be about witchcraft anyway if its supposedly to be the hardest thing in the game, its not even compareable with a difficult quest on a normal casual game.
Last edited by Judaism on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Judaism wrote:It was absolutely unnecessary to ruin witchcraft as the bearpaws were good enough already, they didn't adjusted the prices properly either, a furfur wing used to atleast have a market value of two bearpaws. From their previous mindsets this call makes absolutely zero sense at all and they should be corrected on their mistakes. Other carebears probaly kept begging and as always they decided to ruin yet another core mechanics of the game.

It is absolutely true that several of those 37 wings will be ruined and most of them won't even know anything of witchcraft, but its certainly retarded. I have gotten my wing from a furfur, I have actively hunt them on Popham and on Providence and it actually takes very long to get one on average, a 2-3 hour worm quest is nothing in comparison and its yet another backstab to the old playerbase. Like how serious can you be about witchcraft anyway if its supposedly to be the hardest thing in the game, its not even compareable with a difficult quest on a normal casual game.

such mad.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:14 pm

He will feel bad later when he realizes how silly his complaint is.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 am

i was one of the first to hunt a furfur wing and it took me over 120 furfurs before i got one and from what i have heard (and experienced 3 different times that it took more) that is fairly lucky

however i am not particularly bothered by the wings being on the stall as this was the first black friday thing in two years, and what made the first one so enjoyable were the great deals on ****, i still have around 20 town deeds left from when i loaded up on them at 1500s at the first one.

this go around i had like zero worms at my towns and had to derp around in stumps like everyone else, did not do it a whole lot either and still got enough to snag 5 wings.

which brings me to the next point, i doubt this will have a big influence overall on witch craft as i personally account for 15% of the wings sold and i am sure many of the others were also gotten by other people who already had a tiered witch and like myself wanted spares, of the remaining number going to people who were not t2 already many will be wasted, sold or the witch will kill themselves as is often the case. i expect maybe 2 -3 actual new t2 level witch players out of the 37 wings, so ultimately who gives a ****/big ***** deal.
Darwoth

Postby lachlaan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:26 am

JohnCarver wrote:He will feel bad later when he realizes how silly his complaint is.

And my room echoed with a dry laugh xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 am

JohnCarver wrote:He will feel bad later when he realizes how silly his complaint is.

Nice one JC. I know what you did. Pretty good stunt you pulled there.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Darwoth » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 am

yeah was curious and looked, i think the influx of wings will affect things even less now :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:45 am

Wait I haven't logged in but it got me curious.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements