Slot Chance Items

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Slot Chance Items

Postby Heffernan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Hello,

now that clothing are more expensive but EVEN way before that i requested a item for Slotting

now we have multiple rare artifacts that cost 5l to 20k that have 70-75-80-85% lotting chance wich SOUND high already, but if u fail a 20k Bear Paw Slot whilst it is already expensive..

so how about a item, either a reusable, 5 use/1use expensive make item or general a item for your hand (a tool) that increase slotting chance by 5-15% or 5-25% depending on quality or where to get it.

(i once had to make 4-5 steel armor to slot fine leather and silver platter successfully so i know how much it sucks)

good idea?
Heffernan

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Heffernan wrote:good idea?

No
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:good idea?

No

we'll let people who play salem decide this instead, not fake trolls
Heffernan

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Nah, removes the fun of waiting for the slotting to reach 100% and listen to the sound of either dissapointment or joy.
It would also lower the price of artifacts considerably, as well as lower the need for a tailor.
Rifmaster

Postby gorniksam » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Nah, removes the fun of waiting for the slotting to reach 100% and listen to the sound of either dissapointment or joy.
It would also lower the price of artifacts considerably, as well as lower the need for a tailor.

Exactly, I have to agree with Riffy.
gorniksam

Postby Heffernan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Nah, removes the fun of waiting for the slotting to reach 100% and listen to the sound of either dissapointment or joy.

lower the price? a 20.000s Bear Paw already had a 80% slot chance, imagine breaking 4 of these and getting a 5th thats 100k... if it already costs 20k it should have a guaranteed slot.
Heffernan

Postby Lusewing » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:46 pm

This isn't a game where you get everything you want. High end items are expencive and nothing is certian. Clothes seem fine as they are. The market is stable and they act as a gret money sink for the higher players.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Heffernan wrote: it should have a guaranteed slot.

No it shouldn't at all. If that were the case then they would be more rare. Blame the people setting the insane price.

Are you posting this because you broke a bunch of claws or because you want to slot **** for free?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:36 pm

I remember the days when the WSS was the only truly awesome and rare slot item and the chances of actually getting it to slot was about 50/50.

No, if we had clothing wearing out over time or some such mechanic, maybe it would make sense for some things to be 100% chance, but I agree with those who say we need to keep it as is. If bear paws are selling at those prices, they must be worth those prices, even with the not 100% slot chance; that's the beauty of a free market economy. If the chance to slot was higher, the price would drop as demand fell and that would only lead to more people putting paws in more of their equipment and therefore some people asking for even more powerful, even more rare, items to slot so they can continue to have better clothes than those around them. I think I'd rather round out some of the lower end stuff right now than try to push the bar even higher.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:16 am

Here is a far better idea
Have thimbles that can be equipped while slotting and if the slotting fails the thimble breaks and the slot still breaks but there is a chance that the artifact wont break. The better the thimble the lower the chance of the artifact breaking.
Wood Thimble 90% chance of artifact breaking
Bone Thimble 80%
Copper Thimble 70%
Silver Thimble 60%
Whale Bone Thimble 50%
Ivory Thimble(cash shop) Thimble 25%
DarkNacht

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations