Java Coding

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Java Coding

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:38 am

lachlaan wrote:
Kandarim wrote:i've implemented this before (only that version of the client is so horribly outdated it's probably easier to do it all over again)
That said, you're not able ot interact with anything that is still on-screen: the server will just ignore stuff happening there, IIRC.

So it's more of a server side decision to not answer then? Kind of like, you have the stuff rendered and in the client's memory but when you right click a tree for example, the client asks the server if it has flower menu options and the server says "nope, too far from your coordinates, try again later, won't even process that request" ?

yeah, exactly that.

Hmm, I wonder if I could tell the client that I really have a 8k screen and to render an image for that ? Food for later thoughts :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:04 am

Kandarim wrote:
lachlaan wrote:
Kandarim wrote:i've implemented this before (only that version of the client is so horribly outdated it's probably easier to do it all over again)
That said, you're not able ot interact with anything that is still on-screen: the server will just ignore stuff happening there, IIRC.

So it's more of a server side decision to not answer then? Kind of like, you have the stuff rendered and in the client's memory but when you right click a tree for example, the client asks the server if it has flower menu options and the server says "nope, too far from your coordinates, try again later, won't even process that request" ?

yeah, exactly that.

Hmm, I wonder if I could tell the client that I really have a 8k screen and to render an image for that ? Food for later thoughts :)

if this is possible u can have any tools orsome cash or clothes or anything u want from my store \o/
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 am

Kandarim wrote:Hmm, I wonder if I could tell the client that I really have a 8k screen and to render an image for that ? Food for later thoughts :)

i think is possible.. but I wonder how the computer reacts to it and game :F
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:31 am

Yeah, a giant image will require lots and lots of video memory I guess. Presumably you could just have it render to a fake output and then save that data somewhere. Personally feel that such huge images might be better processed bit by bit, by having a bit more code take the major factors into consideration like desired camera angle, position and so on, then render map tiles in slices and piece them together after to avoid files that just can't open. i know a bmp will have a certain limit to how big it can get, so you'll need to decide how to save the file for it to not go boom.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 pm

lachlaan wrote:Presumably you could just have it render to a fake output and then save that data somewhere.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Trust me, image size is not really an issue: most decent graphic editors have no issue with upwards of one billion pixels (that's 1000K resolution :))
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana