Player Guides and Tutorials (NEW Episode 11 Out)

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: New Youtube Series (Episode 2 Out)

Postby gorniksam » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Great video, still nice to hear voice and good to watch it :) +1 for 12:11 :oops:
gorniksam

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Great video. Congrats
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone :)

I will be working on putting out at least one episode per week.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby CalHob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:04 am

Nice work! Well done.
CalHob

Postby shizuka » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:04 am

im sorry i couldt give u my feedback about 2nd video i was busy at that time paradox. i just rewatch the video.

i think the way the video is made itself is great but not the content. its one of the worsт place ive seen to settle in, dont you see the ground in front of u? u dont need to press ctrl L to see on your map that there are 'hills' everywhere, i dont know the exact english term. flat ground is the most important thing when settling down, i dont remember u talking about it (maybe i skipped that part) but lookign at the place u chose i guess u didnt =/

to me chosing the 'perfect spot' is very personal/depends on the person, on the activites the guy will like doing withing salem etc, and a complete noob (which i believe is the guy u made the video for) will prolly not know yet what he'll do. so running 3h wihtout getting ko'ed by snake /bears or wtv, and then spending a century flattening a ground might not be the best for a newb, unless he wanna live in a 9x9 tile base
Last edited by shizuka on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:23 am

shizuka wrote:im sorry i couldt give u my feedback about 2nd video i was busy at that time paradox. i just rewatch the video.

i think the way the video is made itself is great but not the content. its one of the worsт place ive seen to settle in, dont you see the ground in front of u? u dont need to press ctrl L to see on your map that there are 'hills' everywhere, i dont know the exact english term. flat ground is the most important thing when settling down, i dont remember u talking about it (maybe i skipped that part) but lookign at the place u chose i guess u didnt =/

to me chosing the 'perfect spot' is very personal/depends on the person, on the activites the guy will like doing withing salem etc, and a complete noob (which i believe is the guy u made the video for) will prolly not know yet what he'll do. so running 3h wihtout getting ko'ed by snake /bears or wtv, and then spending a century flattening a ground might not be the best for a newb, unless he wanna live in a 9x9 tile base

i really dont want u to take this the wrong way, as i like you and i think u really have what it takes to be a good youtuber and ur first video was pretty nice (and ur voice amazing :P ), but this one probably should be remade. honestly you're the first one i like the videos of on salem and i'd like to encourage u but i feel like feedback on things that could be better is important as well.

little idea : why not show simply show a big screenshot of lime pit vs clay pit (in front of you and on map graphics) picture on the video for a couple seconds? that would help more than describing it, people like images/pictures, thats would be more 'youtube like'. that way the guy takes a screenshot and will know what he's looking for exactly. ок theres the wiki but u know how people are on youtube , better make eveyrthing easier and quicker for them to the maximum, ur not gna want to make them check the wiki all the time if it'd take u about a second to show them on video, better for u, better for them.

if at some point salems community is going to be bigger we'll definetly need a good youtuber, as youtube's presence+twitch is really important in any known video game, glad u seem motivated to make a series of episods ill watch them all :mrgreen:

why doesnt ur firned clayet helps u though? thought he was the biggest newbs lover on the server, im sure he knows ton of things about newbs and what they need help with and their first questions on the game

Hmm, I have to disagree with you on this one. The area has some minor hill spikes (small areas of elevation), but for the most part it is a very flat area and the lime/clay locations are ideal for settling. The hills are easily flattened as they aren't huge cliffs, if they would need to be flattened later. Here's a pic

Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby shizuka » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 am

we looking at the same screenshot?
20x20 flat leanto area, video 3 is how to make tea and flatten ground?
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:27 am

Yes, lol.

Like I said there are some parts that are elevated but a large majority of the area is flat and easy to build a base on. This won't hold a huge town or anything, but this is meant to be a hermit's homestead

EDIT:
Yes the leanto location is bad, I will move it for the next video :P
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby shizuka » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:48 am

mdrrhredh.jpg
mdrrhredh.jpg (102.01 KiB) Viewed 14458 times
Darwoth wrote:
shizuka

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:58 am

Episode 3 finished, giving insight into the first few structures a pilgrim should have. Will be uploading tomorrow.
Paradoxyc
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Help!