Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 pm

:cam sucky was renamed to :cam best
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 pm

that word does not mean what you think it means.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby muzette7 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm

I want to be able to build a moat, with alligators, sharks, jellyfish of death ect....
muzette7

Postby gother44 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:51 pm

JohnCarver wrote:WILL NOT GO IN FOR 2016

PvE only Server

Why not? Are you guys very rich and make this game just for lulz? It's very strange... You don't need more supporting people with fundings? Make game for narrow category of people, instead of spread your product widely? Very wisely. :(
gother44

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:41 am

gother44 wrote:

PvE only Server

Why not? Are you guys very rich and make this game just for lulz? It's very strange... You don't need more supporting people with fundings? Make game for narrow category of people, instead of spread your product widely? Very wisely. :(

Is this a joke? The game is based almost entirely around PvP, so a PvE server doesn't work at all.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:09 am

gother44 wrote:

PvE only Server

Providence is already a PvE server
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:24 am

Dallane wrote:
gother44 wrote:

PvE only Server

Providence is already a PvE server

atleast since KKK Ragequit.
Heffernan

Postby gother44 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:52 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Is this a joke? The game is based almost entirely around PvP, so a PvE server doesn't work at all.

All this farms... buildings... eating... agriculturing... exploring... just for PvP targets? You don't think, that real farmer don't want to be robbed-killed at all? Lost all this time working, just for fun somebody PvP-oriented? No! Such mechanic don't work, it don't make game better. People voting on it with their time, spend on game. Look at this, how much people stop playing after being subject of rob or killed? You can check it with you own statistic log (if its possible of course). And imaging, how much people just stop looking at game at the begginng, when they see this sign - "PvP". It will a big piece of delicious cake, that you just throw down the toilet.

If you take something from player (life or property) - you must give him a chance to turn it back and it's a great pattern in game design. I know, you say - "you can go and punish this outlaw, we give you all chances for it, bla-bla-bla...". But force people to make violence, be destructive, avenging... I don't think that many people want to go this way. Vengeance don't back you your garden, your life, your home, your friend. It will lead just to another vengeance. It's a mistake - thinking that chance a punish outlaw is enough equivalent for time losing, or property losses that outlaw can do.
Last edited by gother44 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
gother44

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:55 am

gother44 wrote:All this farms... buildings... eating... agriculturing... exploring... just for PvP targets? You don't think, that real farmer don't want to be robbed-killed at all? Lost all this time working, just for fun somebody PvP-oriented? No! Such mechanic don't work, it don't make game better. People voting on it with their time, spend on game. Look at this, how much people stop playing after being subject of rob or killed? You can check it with you own statistic log (if its possible of course). And imaging, how much people just stop looking at game at the begginng, when they see this sign - "PvP". It will a big piece of delicious cake, that you just throw down the toilet.

If you take something from player (life or property) - you must give him a chance to turn it back and it's a great pattern in game design. I know, you say - "you can go and punish this outlaw, we give you all chances for it, bla-bla-bla...". But force people to make violence, be destructive, avenging... I don't think that many people want to go this way. Vengeance don't back you your garden, your life, your home, your friend. It will lead just to another vengeance.

This game will always have a strong core in conflict. It sounds like you are lost and/or looking for something this game is never going to strive to be. May I suggest Club Penguin? I've found that the PvE-only crowd who doesn't want any negative interaction with any other player find it quite rewarding and entertaining.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby gother44 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:17 am

JohnCarver wrote:This game will always have a strong core in conflict. It sounds like you are lost and/or looking for something this game is never going to strive to be.

I try to say differently. This game have very complex and interesting mechanics for farmers, builders and explorers. For PvE-oriented communities (There are many such people in da world, ya!).
What you do? You say - we don't need all pizza, give us just this little piece, there are a big tomato on it, which we loved.
gother44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements