Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 pm

for me what killed popham other than bad timing irl was:

1> all the retards like holylight i wanted to kill were still on providence

2> temporary + could not bring any of the tasty lootpiles to providence

3> the win condition required a bunch of riddle solving and a whole new witch grind instead of just owning the other guy
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 pm

HolyLight wrote:Seems to me people endlessly speak as if the "pvp enhanced" server does not exist.

Pretty much this. If you want to get through Brick, or even iron walls, in a matter of hours. There exists a server where you can do just that. If you are worried its a 'temporary' server. Then take one the statues and don't let it end.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:44 pm

next iteration of expeditions needs to have a suitcase option to bring folks store items, exec masks/axes etc back and a more pvp oriented win condition if it is to be a success.
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Darwoth wrote:next iteration of expeditions needs to have a suitcase option to bring folks store items, exec masks/axes etc back and a more pvp oriented win condition if it is to be a success.

Why does that have to be the next expedition? I've put a fair amount of work into allowing it to be done for this expedition, and at the current rate it will probably be in before this one ends :lol: . I mean I pretty much 'have to' anyway for when people finish the ark to allow them to suitcase home animals. Taking home other material wealth is not much more of a stretch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:49 pm

well either way, still you will not have the initial "rush" of a new server like you would under a new one and popham is already a flop. if all of that gets put in on popham good, but the next will potentially retain interest of all the folks that quit popham is my point.

should also make at least a slightly different color/graphic for each expeditions exec axe/mask type rewards so that it creates a new set of rares when it ends and they get suitcased to providence.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:50 pm

A sudden change of mechanics/conditions isn't very nice either, like how you threw that boat in out of nowhere.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Judaism wrote:A sudden change of mechanics/conditions isn't very nice either, like how you threw that boat in out of the nowhere.

There is also kinds of awesome stuff coming to the winners of Popham. Cannot wait for the tears. Including but not limited to massive store credit :).

Darwoth wrote:should also make at least a slightly different color/graphic for each expeditions exec axe/mask type rewards so that it creates a new set of rares when it ends and they get suitcased to providence.

Yeah another solid idea......In fact that might be the simple solution for the start of popham. Is to just postmaster a bunch of "New' rares to providence for all the people on the top 10 boards based on each board.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:53 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
There is also kinds of awesome stuff coming to the winners of Popham. Cannot wait for the tears. Including but not limited to massive store credit :).

Good for them, that victory is worthless by now anyway.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Judaism wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

Good for them, that victory is worthless by now anyway.

so store credit is worthless?
Heffernan

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Heffernan wrote:so store credit is worthless?

The bragging rights are.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements