Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Postby Trismegistus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Heffernan wrote:this patch already dropped long ago lol

What? Says the guy who asks where are the other braziers. Read closer.

JohnCarver wrote:Future Notes:
We have 3 more new Brazier types added. As well as a handful of new raiding skills, lockpicking skills, stealth skills, and other content we have been working on. We felt it the far safer approach to buff the defenses and penalties prior to implementing the new toys for raiders. Expect raiders to gain a new toolbox of abilities in the weeks to come and I highly suggest those on Providence prepare.... Cold Snap is coming...
Trismegistus

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Judaism wrote:The tea change alone already made raiding atleast 3 times as "hard".

best...christmas...present....ever...

raiding got harder
judaism is hell as mad

what could one wish more for christmas?

also this patch screwed me too i bought a apothecary pack yesterday and now it has better items gg
Heffernan

Postby RobertoKarlos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Heffernan wrote:i love that the game is finally going a bit away from the permanent pvp game and a bit more for social stuff, production, basebuilding, furniture, trading and player interactions....

This is the future you choose JC, When did you became such a carebear ******?
RobertoKarlos

Postby Trismegistus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Get your clawed talon and jars of tar ready for the new grappling hooks. February 2016.
Trismegistus

Postby thedarklore » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Meh just wait for it to be changed also IT'S CHRISTMAS! Don't be mean to everyone for this one day...
thedarklore

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Trismegistus wrote:
Darwoth wrote:more pivotal changes which are:

death to KO on crime buff

the implementation of concussion (get hit once/twice by a mortar that fires in an eye blink at relatively low sparks and embers, from complete a total safety, for the investment of a flower pot and you are rendered useless for one to four hours)

changing tea to no longer regen stats on crime debuff which was the majority of its original purpose to begin with

Yeah, this is what I stated before, but don't you think the stated new raiding mechanics will balance? The question for me is what is the ETA for this patch?

Also, as far as 99% of people can't break that iron wall, how many could break a brick wall when it was added to the game?

no, they will not begin to account for even ten percent of the damage that has just been done :lol: :lol: :lol:

they will be retarded trivial changes to let people troll each other and steal one anothers rabbit **** so that the "official line" is that the game is a "hardcore pvp game" still, the days of meaningful sieges and factions fighting for real control are unequivocally 100% gone with this patch in its current form, any one of the changes would have derailed the entire system on its own, all of them together is like sending 50 nukes to kill a muslim taking a **** in a tractor tire .

it does not matter how many people could break brick when it was implemented, the new wall i am certain follows other wall mechanics. meaning soak and hit points is doubled. meaning that your character now needs to be double the stats and it will STILL take the double the time of an unprotected wall from the previous tier putting an undefended new wall with zero braziers or defense at 3 - 3.5 hours for a 1300 phlegm character........ IF you could still use yea, which you cant. now it is just irrelevant how long it takes, what matter is it between 12, 20 or 200 hours? end result is the same.

but ignore the new wall altogether, remember the tea nerf? yeah your crime debuffed and now losing bb and phlegm each tick over that three hours..... which means you are quickly not even retaining enough phlegm to damage the wall at all much less significant damage to approach the "low" multiple hour break time to begin with :lol: . now even a ***** brickwall has just had its time to destroy greatly increased, most raiders on the server would take half the day to get through an UNDEFENDED PLANK WALL now.

while at any point in time during that all day per single wall period a defender can log on and shoot a flower pot at you from behind a half dozen walls that you will never get through and either kill you outright or repel the entire siege for hours via concussion........

it really is the single most ridiculous patch i have ever seen occur in any game i have ever played, i am glad i got to witness it for that reason alone. now i just feel like a moron for putting my faith in the "new team" and then later not going to haven with everyone else :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:20 pm

So that's what an "expert" on this game says...

How much phlegm drains bashing a wall per second?
So, having a hundred more phlegm than needed for reasonable damage is still more than enough to do that damage for the tiny amount of time you can bash at a wall that has braziers/TPs behind it.
Ofc yea you wouldn't do that and just drain the braziers before that, sorry, my bad.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby matan002 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:22 pm

JC said that there will be a new lockpicking system soon. Maybe that means that we will be able to lockpick through gates?
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:23 pm

matan002 wrote:JC said that there will be a new lockpicking system soon. Maybe that means that we will be able to lockpick through gates?

oh god lets hope not...
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements