Toolbelt - saber not in hand for combat!!!

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Toolbelt - saber not in hand for combat!!!

Postby Frotted » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old grief but this is driving me nuts.

I love whole tool-belt mechanic; until I go into combat (attacked at random by rats or other) and my sword is still in the tool belt and not in my hand. Folks who've been playing for the last year likely have the humors to stomp critters to death, but newer or returning players don't and it's a bug/breach of code for us.

Is there anything being done about this?
Frotted

Re: Toolbelt - saber not in hand for combat!!!

Postby Lusewing » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:51 pm

The tool belt is not for weapons. The fact that your sword or club or whatever you use for hunting can be tricked to go into your tool belt was a quick fix so that weapons were not lost when tools switch in and replaced them. Weapon switching needs to be done manually.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Frotted » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:44 pm

I understand how it is now... but I'd like to know a real fix is in the works...

Spontaneous combat comes to everyone eventually; and losing because you can't find or equip your weapon is total Bull. You know it, I know it...how can Devs not know it.

Fix it already.
Frotted

Postby Tulgarath » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:55 pm

I actually am thankful my weapon goes into my belt. You just need to learn the ins and outs of when it swaps and work around it.
Tulgarath

Postby Frotted » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Tulgarath wrote:I actually am thankful my weapon goes into my belt. You just need to learn the ins and outs of when it swaps and work around it.

Yeah and I'd be 3x as thankful if it went into inventory instead... if not my hand.

Yes, I'm learning to work around it; but I've been KO'd once b/c it wasn't where it was supposed to be... doesn't leave much love for technicalities especially when in truth it should never have been in tool-belt to begin with.
Frotted

Postby Lusewing » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:28 pm

This is not an easy fix. The problem is that if you let weapons behave the same as the tools and have them switch out whenever you need them you end up completely disrupting the combat system. As it stands now most people have to chose their weapon to suit their situation. Club for quick spam stuns, Halberd for AOE and reach, swords for precision strikes. Having the weapons which would be a nightmare in combat and i think the only real way that it could be balanced would be if there was a short timer in which tools/weapons switched in. That said JC has already mentioned that he is not completely happy with the combat system so who knows what changes we will see.

I think most would agree that relying on personal skill is a much better option. Its only a few clicks if you know how to use your shift key.

Besides most animals should not be able to sneak up on you without you spotting them in enough time to switch to your weapon, same goes for other players.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Frotted wrote:Is there anything being done about this?[/size]

Yes, equip your sword.

Also bolding your txt doesn't do anything but annoy people.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 pm

We now have a near infinite inventory size. No reason it can't just go to your inventory now.

Back when this change was made, we were still working with 16+pack/pockets if I recall right. If the inventory was full, it got dropped to the ground. Which would you have preferred? Dropping it on the ground and maybe you didn't notice before it poofed, or getting it moved to your tool belt?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby LOMS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am

MagicManICT wrote:We now have a near infinite inventory size. No reason it can't just go to your inventory now.

Back when this change was made, we were still working with 16+pack/pockets if I recall right. If the inventory was full, it got dropped to the ground. Which would you have preferred? Dropping it on the ground and maybe you didn't notice before it poofed, or getting it moved to your tool belt?

You wrong. Related change was made after inventory change.
LOMS

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:21 am

My mistake, then. It's been a while. :P
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities