Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Heffernan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:04 pm

HolyLight wrote:
Darwoth wrote:must be confused as to what is carebear about teleports, quite the contrary in fact, which is why every pvp game of note had fast travel.

personally i would enjoy the ability to reset your map port as well for some kind of semi expensive investment.

Now with the fast travel system in place,

Personally i would enjoy if they removed all teleportation from the game, that includes even teleporting back to your homestead without items.

So basically only fast travel systems or horses etc.

What is your view on that?

However, i highly doubt they would ever make it so horses can pull carts, they will never introduce a **** ton of other functions and features along these lines to progress the game, so all in all whats the ***** point?

but... horses can already pull carts :shock:
Heffernan

Postby Tulgarath » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Heffernan wrote:
HolyLight wrote:
Darwoth wrote:must be confused as to what is carebear about teleports, quite the contrary in fact, which is why every pvp game of note had fast travel.

personally i would enjoy the ability to reset your map port as well for some kind of semi expensive investment.

Now with the fast travel system in place,

Personally i would enjoy if they removed all teleportation from the game, that includes even teleporting back to your homestead without items.

So basically only fast travel systems or horses etc.

What is your view on that?

However, i highly doubt they would ever make it so horses can pull carts, they will never introduce a **** ton of other functions and features along these lines to progress the game, so all in all whats the ***** point?

but... horses can already pull carts :shock:

And crickets too!
Tulgarath

Postby Vexus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:17 am

Mortal Online did not have fast travel. Not sure if they have it now though. Likely they went carebear. But still worth mentioning it required good effort to transport items.

Asheron's Call did have portals, but they were in specific parts of the world. So you had to run to that location and risk being jumped by other players to use the portals. It was quite risky and fun.

Salem has complete 100% safe transport of items from an enemy town to your own town.

The biggest nerf to Darwoth would be the removal of alt porting in this capacity. Additionally it seems that with the removal of the 20+ minute teleport timer, more Darwoth raiding has occurred.

A single teleport to allow new players to link up with friends is sufficient. I am also for the ability to teleport from Providence to different geographic areas of the map and back as at least you have to travel to that spot in the first place.

This would make living close to town more of thing, which would lead to more player interaction, which would lead to more player conflict, and more politics, more consistent playerbase, and so on. Living far from town would lead to more effective hermiting - out of the politics, but truly on your own. With return trips from those geographic areas, maybe on weekends only for example, then you can establish more of a hermit feel without being completely removed from civilization.

Tapping my foot for 40 seconds to travel 8 hours worth of walking with 100kg of items to town is really ... bland. No room for ambushes, no room for road making... etc etc etc.

I hope that perhaps the next Expedition can try a world without this completely safe teleportation.
Vexus

Postby Tulgarath » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:53 am

Vexus wrote:Mortal Online did not have fast travel. Not sure if they have it now though. Likely they went carebear. But still worth mentioning it required good effort to transport items.

Asheron's Call did have portals, but they were in specific parts of the world. So you had to run to that location and risk being jumped by other players to use the portals. It was quite risky and fun.

Salem has complete 100% safe transport of items from an enemy town to your own town.

The biggest nerf to Darwoth would be the removal of alt porting in this capacity. Additionally it seems that with the removal of the 20+ minute teleport timer, more Darwoth raiding has occurred.

A single teleport to allow new players to link up with friends is sufficient. I am also for the ability to teleport from Providence to different geographic areas of the map and back as at least you have to travel to that spot in the first place.

This would make living close to town more of thing, which would lead to more player interaction, which would lead to more player conflict, and more politics, more consistent playerbase, and so on. Living far from town would lead to more effective hermiting - out of the politics, but truly on your own. With return trips from those geographic areas, maybe on weekends only for example, then you can establish more of a hermit feel without being completely removed from civilization.

Tapping my foot for 40 seconds to travel 8 hours worth of walking with 100kg of items to town is really ... bland. No room for ambushes, no room for road making... etc etc etc.

I hope that perhaps the next Expedition can try a world without this completely safe teleportation.

What a great idea! ! 100k boards for an ark you'd have to travel an hour at a time to bring. .30 boards at a time? Great idea!

There needs to be faster travel or some kind of markets. Implement mounts, wagons, something OTHER than foot travel.
Tulgarath

Postby Judaism » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:18 am

Haha, I like that this gets announced weeks after implementation with most of the harm already caused.

This thread is a 10/10 troll.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby ToorimaKun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 am

there is nothing wrong with tellaporting.... tho the timer is a bit long in my opinion.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:16 am

Judaism wrote:Haha, I like that this gets announced weeks after implementation with most of the harm already caused.

This thread is a 10/10 troll.

The fact it effectively makes previous mechanics like Arson pointless bothers me quite a bit more. If anything why is the townbell destroyable? This means that anyone who created a town in this last year most likely has unprotected Boundry stones and (ab)using this new mechanic makes it effectively almost effortless and without risk to take over someones town.

I dont feel that this mechanic is in the true spirit of Salem no matter what Darwoth says. I agree that your things shouldnt be safe. I agree that people should be able to destroy your things. I dont believe they should be able to declaim everything youve claimed if you still pay "tax" for it.
NeiroShop

Postby ToorimaKun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 am

NeiroShop wrote:The fact it effectively makes previous mechanics like Arson pointless bothers me quite a bit more. If anything why is the townbell destroyable? This means that anyone who created a town in this last year most likely has unprotected Boundry stones and (ab)using this new mechanic makes it effectively almost effortless and without risk to take over someones town.

I don't feel that this mechanic is in the true spirit of Salem no matter what Darwoth says. I agree that your things shouldn't be safe. I agree that people should be able to destroy your things. I don't believe they should be able to declaim everything you've claimed if you still pay "tax" for it.

exactly~

i can see boundary stones being a problem for people going for authority... but really how many people are?
and authority is probably pretty damn pointless right now with all the stalls damn near completely empty.

so again an other mechanic meant to combat some thing very few of the player base takes advantage of.... but effects every player in an extremely negative way...
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 am

ToorimaKun wrote:exactly~

i can see boundary stones being a problem for people going for authority... but really how many people are?
and authority is probably pretty damn pointless right now with all the stalls damn near completely empty.

so again an other mechanic meant to combat some thing very few of the player base takes advantage of.... but effects every player in an extremely negative way...

A simple & effective way wouldve been just to simply make the top 10 towns have destroyable authority objects except the bells. Problem solved.
NeiroShop

Postby ToorimaKun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:25 am

NeiroShop wrote:A simple & effective way wouldve been just to simply make the top 10 towns have destroyable authority objects except the bells. Problem solved.

that could have worked... tho people would be trying as hard as they could to stay out of the top 10 >.< haha
maybe make it the top 5... let the bottom 5 just have to deal with poop claims
ToorimaKun

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements