Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:12 am

Greetings Salemites,

Players may now build an Ark on Popham.
-------------------------------------------------
This is meant to be a community building event and has had the materials to complete the Ark estimated on quick magical mathematical calculation done by yours truly' based on the productivity being logged on Popham as a whole. Should you complete the Ark prior to the Witch ending the server then y'all will get to take some Animals back to Providence. Should you fail to do so, then perhaps I let only the Witch take animals back to Providence, or perhaps I make animals store-purchase only on providence. I have not decided the consequence for failure to build this Ark but please note that this is most certainly the only way and opportunity for the general public of providence to have mass-access to 'free' animals. I suggest you work together as a team and complete the event before a witch ends the server. Although, I know deep in my heart that there will instead be one of you who stands on the build sign stealing the materials out of it while others are trying to finish the project.

On that note. I reserve the right to KO, kill, stock, and generally smite anybody who tries to exploit this community event via alt-blocking the sign, object blocking the sign, or any number of other creative exploits to undermine the spirit of this community event. You may steal mats as others put mats in, that is the extent that I will allow such evil activities to those hard working pilgrims looking to find refuge for their livestock.

On a final note, and I know you will all forget and be upset with me anyway, but the Ark will need a bit of dev intervention to function properly once you finish it. So please keep this in mind before bringing all your animals to it once it is done. It will not accept the animals once done until I do some maintenance on the finished structure.

Animal Sickness Rebalance & Bugfixes
-------------------------------------------------
Sickness was originally designed to be a constant hassle on animals of poor genetics and a minor annoyance on the ones bred to decent stats. Instead, I have rebalanced it to be a minor annoyance on those with bad genetics and a near non-issue on ones with decent vulnerability stats. After further testing, review, and general feedback the mechanic does add flavor to the general raising of animals but should not be as all-consuming as it was.

*Hungry Animals no longer have extremely high chances to get sick.
*Animals are now half as likely to get sick when outside of barns.
*The chance animals even check to get sick has now been decreased by 80%.
*Animals that are sick by witch curses will now appropriately display their sick animations.
*Pigs will no longer give the option to harvest lard from them if they don't have any lard.
*Players may now observe the Pedigree of an animal from a distance

Rubble Trouble
----------------------------
*Rubble no longer has hardness. Hardness is now rolled by the sifter and not the player that is chipping the rubble. It is the intention that those with low mines and mountains can now at least chip the rubble but the players with high Mines and Mountains have the incentive to be the ones sifting that rubble as the hardness of the gems they find will be determined at the point of sifting.
*Stamp Mills have been further buffed and are now extremely quick.

General Balance Changes
-------------------------------------
*Quarrying Stone now costs phlegm.
*Inspiration Values on Spooktaculars have been rebalanced.
*Inspiration Values on Jack-O-Lantern have been rebalanced.
*Inspiration Values on Ghost Riders have been rebalanced.
*Building Material on Reed Baskets has been reduced to 4, down from 7.
*Players can no longer build boundry stones and st. george crosses unless they have the compacts skill.
*Frogs now have a unique sound effect when killed.
*Blacksmithing Goggles now have multiple uses.
*Opera Masque now has multiple Uses.
*Opera masque inspirational values have been adjusted.
*Opera Masque now has a unique sound effect when studied.
*Barleycorn Masque inspirational values have been adjusted.
*Changing clothes on a Mannequin is now a larceny crime if you do not have permissions on the claim it is on.
*Unique Sound effect has been added to washing a bar of soap and washing a rose bar of soap.
*Unique sound effect has been added when finding a Rainbow soap bubble in a bar of soap.
*Fillet on the Rocks now has an increased weight.
*Candy has a significantly smaller Full & Fed up Timer.
*Fix'd a typo in the milk functions.

New Graphics & Ground Models
---------------------------------------------
*British Brittle now has a new unique ground drop model.
*Candy Corn now has a new unique groudn drop model
*Loyalist Lolly now has a new unique ground drop model
*Pumpkin Bites now has a new unique ground drop model
*Truffle Taffy now has a neq unique ground drop model.
*Clamdots now has a neq unique ground drop model.
*Canterburyegg now has a unique ground drop model.
*Gummy Gills now has a unique ground drop model.
*BearBiscuit now has a unique ground drop model.
*VegSugar now has a unique ground drop model.
*Sweet Monarch now has a unique ground drop model.
*Franklin Bar now has a unique ground drop model.
*Lumberjack Frikadels now have a unique ground drop model.
*rusty Coins now have a unique ground drop model.

The Most Demanded thing for Salem ever and the single item to bring millions of population

For as long as I can remember my forum PM box has been flooded with angry demands for something that deep down in my heart I knew we needed but just could not find the time to implement. A heart-racing past-time and in-game activity centered around the crafting of a small papered companion. A centerpiece to every party and the gateway to happiness, I was perhaps jealous that it would bring more joy to the people of Salem than I ever could, or scared that our servers could not handle the huge population gains that were sure to follow with his implementation. However, I can ignore our need for him no longer. I can deny your requests no further:

*Players may now craft Pinatas. Salem is fix'd. Your welcome.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Hide Yo' Kids, Hide Yo' Livestock *Salem V.1.0.4*

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:17 am

I am also going to go ahead and do a Hard backup of all server data. The only dangerous part of this update was the re-write of the rubble data structure so I don't anticipate any huge problems. But I feel better having hard-backups to compliment our soft-backup systems. Estimated Downtime 20 minutes for this.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Oritzia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:19 am

*Building Material on Reed Baskets has been reduced to 4, down from 7.
YES.
p.s. Can't wait to start on the ark
Last edited by Oritzia on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oritzia

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:20 am

nice!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nikixos » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:34 am

Is Pinata a building with awesome uses or only an insp? Will have to check its levels of awesomeness first 0.0
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:35 am

Nikixos wrote:Is Pinata a building with awesome uses or only an insp? Will have to check its levels of awesomeness first 0.0

The Pinata is both a building AND an item. No expense was spared in it's implementation.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 am

We are back. Pinata Parties!

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Forungi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 am

Nice to see some updates now :D
Forungi

Postby Atreties » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:51 am

Only 750 hay? The animals will starve!

JC, you cant make the animals starve!
JohnCarver wrote:Wouldn't inserting food into the anus just cause some kind of infection?
Atreties

Postby Shrapnel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:11 am

For the lazy..

JC, what have you done..?
Shrapnel
Customer

Next

Return to Announcements