Nubfood Tweaks *Salem V.1.0.1*

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Nubfood Tweaks *Salem V.1.0.1*

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 am

Greetings Salemites,
The good news is that we went over 72 hours through our launch without a single crash AND if you can tell from the Server Status it looks like plenty of people found out about our launch. Overall we are very excited with the general status of things and do hope a lot of the new players giving us a try choose to stick around and enjoy our little community here.

Now that the 'major' updates were largely done through beta we are going to be taking this opportunity to flesh out and tweak systems further. Probably the largest change will be trying to give more identity to both the food groups, AND the recipes. Right now they are largely the same and the incentive to make different food groups just doesn't feel appropriate as well as the 'niche' people get in where they simply find one recipe and stick to it. For our first balance change we have decided to nerf the early game "Roasted" recipes. Going a step further we then lowered the recipe costs on almost ALL recipes so they are less frustrating to compile together as well as attempted to give each food group one food that gives a VERY generous amount of biles but wipes that food group out for the session, as well as one food group that is quite spammable but less effective per use. We also increased the power of the early game snack foods.

Food Balance
*Berry Salad has been buffed
*Trailmix has been buffed
*Three Virginians has been buffed
*Berrystraw now requires 4 berries, up from 2.
*Virginian Shellroast has been buffed
*Sizzled Grubs has been nerfed
*Sizzled SLugs has been nerfed
*Roasted Pine Nut hase been nerfed
*Roasted Hickory Nuts have been nerfed
*roasted Chest nuts have been nefed
*Froghetti have been buffed.
*Garlic Rabbit has been buffed.
*Autumn Delight has been buffed.
*shrooms on a stick has been buffed
*garlic stuffed mushrooms have been buffed.
*Fix'd a bug causing tenderboiled terrine to not inherit the values from its other foods.

Tutorial Tweaking
*The First tutorial pop-up now tells players that the middle mouse button can be used to rotate their camera.
*The boat @ the docks in tutorial land decided to move so one can better see the emissary.

Balance
*Attempting a Killing blow will now add a significant amount of insanity. This means interrupting a player who is doing one will cause him to have to start the blow over while still going insane from trying the first time.
*Berrymash Laxatives now take off shroom poisoning at much faster rate.
*Rate to find Huckleberry has been increased.
*Rate to find Singing old log has been decreased.
*Players now have a better chance to see oysters once learning the skill seafoodchef.
*Candles can no longer be bought from the vendors.
*Pilgrims bibles have been significantly increased in cost.
*The Full & Fed up timer on Roasted crab meat has been reduced.
*Chopping wood heaps (woodpiles on the ground) now causes phlegm drain.
*the drain from carrying things has been reduced.
*the rarity of thornbush flowers has been reduced.
*Tearing open a prickly pear cactus now makes a sound.

Bugfixes
*Fixed an error that was causing SOME of the counting errors on stock bins but not all.
*Fixed a bug that was causing Tobacco Pipe to crash the client the first time a player loaded it.
*The sound effect on Pilgrims Bibles has been lowered.
*Rotten logs now look like Rotten logs when dropped on the ground.
*Roasted crab meat no longer weighs more than regular crab meat.
*When praying to the statue of family players will now get a system message letting you know what your cumlative % inheritance bonus will be from that statue.
*Fixed a typo in "Survival Skills" in the tutorial.

Also, we identified an issue that has been causing some abnormal lag on the servers. Providence may need to come down again in the next hour for further diagnosis and may have abnormal lag after this restart while we run some diagnostics on it. Popham should be largely unaffected.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Salem V.1.0.1 'Nubfood Tweaks'

Postby xdorito » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 am

Enjoying my time so far!
xdorito

Postby Synnestry » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 am

*garlic stuffed mushrooms have been buffed..

OH HECK YES!

Though, what about the tenderboiled terrines they are currently bugged? We were told this would be fixed in the update after expeditions were launched? Testing today shown they are still very bugged.
As if I care.
Synnestry

Postby Yes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 am

JohnCarver wrote:*the rarity of thornbush flowers has been reduced.

Rarity reduced = more common?
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 am

Synnestry wrote:*garlic stuffed mushrooms have been buffed..

OH HECK YES!

Though, what about the tenderboiled terrines they are currently bugged? We were told this would be fixed in the update after expeditions were launched? Testing today shown they are still very bugged.

indeed fixed.

Yes wrote:Rarity reduced = more common?

Yes, sorry. More common.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nezrukas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 am

Jc what about animals?
Nezrukas

Postby Brego » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:09 am

ok, what was the reason to delete my post?

Better reduce a chance to spawn aggro trees in darkness ,almost every tree and i'm getting this aggro ...............
Last edited by Brego on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:09 am

Brego wrote:ok,
Better reduce a chance to spawn aggro trees in darkness ,almost every tree and i'm getting this aggro ...............

Intended that pilgrims do not chop trees in darkness. Get a witch, or build a church.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Synnestry » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:10 am

Hello? Hush pls before he makes berries on a straw require licking moldy boards till you die and your new char inherits such CLEANED boards to make into CLEANED planned boards that are needed to make CLEANED planned branches required for berries on a straw!!!!!!1
As if I care.
Synnestry

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:10 am

Nezrukas wrote:Jc what about animals?
Rubberduckbandit

Next

Return to Announcements