World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby Maxeusz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 am

Welcome in The Cartographer's Bay Pilgrims.
Please, sit comfortable and listen.

When we heard rumors that a completely new territory waiting to be discovered, we set sail and went without any hesitation. Continuous discovery is the meaning of our lives.

Perhaps you came here to get in your hands  the fruits of our labor. We are not a charitable organization, but we accept anyone who shows a sense of explorer to group of ours members. All you have to do is using the appropriate secret practice http://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/downloads/list and send us some of yours maps. Ours post pigeon is called panpodpalacz@gmail.com. Limit is set to 500 tiles or 200 tiles depicting the terra incognita. In return, you'll be able to use our collective discoveries. Of course, we'll check to see if the message is not hidden plague to save ours new continent.

So far, we have collected over 26.500 tiles. It's almost 21% of progress but we're counting ocean and uncivilized area tiles too.

Finally, I am honored to present to you our most active members:

1 Usrnm 7984
2 anonymouse 4396
3 Zarana 2658
4 Maxeusz 2478
5 ermahgerd 2470
6 Murphy 1868
7 Vvengyr 1737
8 darnokpl 1631
9 Eleven 1281
10 Tranz 776

Full list will be available soon, but not everyone want to be here. I'll hope you join us as soon as possible, cause you surely need us.
Last edited by Maxeusz on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Maxeusz

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Just a note for those looking to compile maps and anyone making a custom client that saves the map chunks:

Make sure to include some method for identifying the colony the map is at in the save file (name or otherwise) else there could be an issue when travel between colonies becomes possible. I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but consider this my contribution to the project to ensure it all works correctly. I don't think we want some of the map problems that could come up by not taking steps beforehand. ;)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby MvGulik » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 pm

@OP: Seems like a other short and dead end project to me. (other than a "send me your maps and I might share it/them with you".)

@MagicManICT: Seems to me you picked the wrong topic for this. But,
- <SalemRoot>/map/<region_name/id>/<map sessions>.
, seems the best/easiest solution here. (a no-brainer I think)
Last edited by MvGulik on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MvGulik

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:39 pm

i have no idea how to identify world currently.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby MvGulik » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Good change its intentional and there is no way to do so based on information provided by the server. If that's the case there's probably not much that can be done about this, client wise. (other than some in-game user option to set the current area/world name perhaps.)
MvGulik

Postby MvGulik » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Don't know how the connection process works. But all 3 game servers run on different IP addresses. Maybe something can be done with that ?
MvGulik

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

MvGulik wrote:Don't know how the connection process works. But all 3 game servers run on different IP addresses. Maybe something can be done with that ?

y, that's nice idea, i will check it
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Maxeusz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm

MvGulik wrote:@OP: Seems like a other short and dead end project to me. (other than a "send me your maps and I might share it/them with you".)

I agree with you in one point, it look suspicious that person with only some post want to do a maps. So I introduce myself then.

I used to play HNH since w4 to moment until the lags have become annoying. Before Algeralith created his own map I created one for the use of the village where I used to play. I start playing Salem about the beginning of May. Again, I created an unofficial map for use of people with whom I played.
I've been here a really long time, and probably i'll be here a lot more, before I go away.
Ask why nobody knows me? Cause I am one of the "carebears". I have no reflexes to take part in the raids, so I sit quietly in my hermitage and craft everything is possible. Even if something is about my person i does not take part in the forum dramas.

I don't plan to abadon this project in weeks or months. I want to see moment when i was soloing the cthulu from Jorb pics, at least!
Maxeusz

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 pm

@MvGulik: Yeah, that could be the easy way to handle it. Maybe I did pick the "wrong thread" to mention it, but it's the first one to suggest creating world maps for the new colonies. It seems like a big potential obstacle to overcome so that maps aren't corrupted.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby trance » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Its probably time to start a mapper's guild or something of that sort. ¦]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
trance

Next

Return to Artifice & Arcana