A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu May 28, 2015 7:00 am

We have a little problem with Witchcraft in that we don't want to disseminate the information about it too widely, but at the same time, we need to properly bug test the mechanic. So, I've created a new forum for the discussion of Witchcraft (as suggested by Dallane); this forum will be visible only to witches. It will be used for Witchcraft Bug Reporting and Witchcraft Ideas. Trolling will not be allowed.

The difficult part will be in knowing who is a witch and who is faking. John can't easily parse the list of server witches to give to me, and I don't have access to that information. So, if you wish to be in the forum, you'll have to apply to be in it and offer some proof of being a witch. Dallane has volunteered to be in charge of testing. You may do one of two things: Either meet an alt of Dallane's near a darkness landmark and show that you are a friend to the rats, or let him see you curse an alt of yours in town. If Dallane scares you, you may also contact me for the test, but understand that you'll probably have a longer wait.

I'm giving the forum user-based permissions rather than group-based. Meaning there will not be a forum 'witch' group and therefore your identity will be secure if you want it to be. However, you may apply with an alt forum account if you want to be extra careful.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: A New Subforum: Witchcraft

Postby loftar » Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 am

TotalyMeow wrote:John can't easily parse the list of server witches to give to me

Yes he can. :)
loftar

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu May 28, 2015 7:09 am

Oh pls senpai pls pick me. :oops: I hope making Dallane a witch is proof i have one.
Not to mention the handful of people on top of him I've made dolls for.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Michael » Thu May 28, 2015 7:24 am

TotalyMeow wrote:We have a little problem with Witchcraft in that we don't want to disseminate the information about it too widely, but at the same time, we need to properly bug test the mechanic.

Does this mean you're going to delete Wishy's books from in-game or delete posts pertaining to witchcraft from the normal forum?
Michael

Postby DarkNacht » Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 am

loftar wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:John can't easily parse the list of server witches to give to me

Yes he can. :)

The bigger problem would probably be that people may not have their witch on their forum account.
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Thu May 28, 2015 8:32 am

loftar wrote:Yes he can. :)

Stahp trying to make me do werk!

On a serious note though, I could get a list of players who have learned sympathetic magic easily enough. Finding out exactly which forum account they post on, if their witch has died, and of course how often to run said search to 'pick up' new witches would be less than ideal from a maintenance perspective.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 am

Am I a public enough witch to not need a test? If not, i'll just wait to catch someone online that is able to test me :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:31 am

Kandarim confirmed will break any new witchcraft content in the first day, so excellent candidate! As for me, I've given up those wicked ways as I would probably mess up again and get myself stabbed in the face while offline xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby alloin » Thu May 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Why am I not added yet ???
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm

I'll try to log onto my witch more and send you guys chats to get your forum name if you want to give it out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Announcements