Crop table

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Crop table

Postby Lusewing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:03 pm

(Edit to switch the two teir two cottons around to their correct position)
(Edit to add Tobacco)
(Edit to fix tier two cabbage)

Hopefully this will be useful to other people as much as it is to me. It took an suprisng amount of time to work out its lay out (ruddy corn!) but the end result is kinda pretty ^.^
The highlight around each crop is to indercate which bile it is alined to, red-blood, blue-phlem, yellow-Ybile, black-Bbile. Cotten has a purple highlight since it looks odd without one.

How to use

Lets say you wanted to grow teir 3 cabbage. Find it on the table and look to see which two teir 1 crops are touching its position. For cabbage that is Cotton and pumpkin. Thus you need the third (cotton) and fourth (pumpkin) bars to be filled to get teir 3 cabbage. If the cotton bar is higher then you will get green cabbage as well as the red. Ig the pumpkin bar is higher then you will get white cabbage as well as red.

Potato/cabbage - bar 1
Cerial/corn - bar 2
Cotton - bar 3
Pumpkin - bar 4
Last edited by Lusewing on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:49 am, edited 9 times in total.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Re: Crop table

Postby Goonfa » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Nice work mate its very helpful Thanks !
I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!
Goonfa

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Looks like I should push the patch back and add in beans so this table is no longer valid :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:36 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Looks like I should push the patch back and add in beans so this table is no longer valid :).

Ah, btw, why do potatoes use the same bars as cabbage? Don't you think it's more interesting if each crop uses a unique set of bars? More options this way
Procne

Postby Lusewing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Crule JC, very crule. But if it means I get to play with beans then Im all for it ^.^
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Kandarim » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Procne wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Looks like I should push the patch back and add in beans so this table is no longer valid :).

Ah, btw, why do potatoes use the same bars as cabbage? Don't you think it's more interesting if each crop uses a unique set of bars? More options this way

well, corn uses the same as cereal so that was already a thing.
The potatoes just finished everything round so that any two combinations of bars result in another t3 food.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Corn raises the same bar as cereal but it needs cotten (bar 3) rather then pumpkin (bar4) to get to teir 3
Lusewing

Postby Procne » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Lusewing wrote:Corn raises the same bar as cereal but it needs cotten (bar 3) rather then pumpkin (bar4) to get to teir 3

Yeah, that's what I meant.

With the corn and cereals example - when I rotate crops and need to increase second bar then I have such options:
1. If the second high bar is purple (4) then I can choose to use cereals and get some t2 cereals
2. If the second high bar is red (1) then I can choose either cereals or corn and then I can get t2 cereals or corn, respectably
3. If the third high bar is blue (3) then I can use corn to get some t2 corn.

If the corn used the same bars as cereals, like it's for potatoes and cabbage, then I wouldn't have the third option. With cereals and corn, no matter which other bar is high, you always have the option to get t2 products when rotating crops. In case of cabbae and potatoes, if the other high bar is second (cause it's a cotton field) then you will only get t1 products (unless the third has grown high enough after many many harvests)
Procne

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:56 pm

This is beautiful. good work
Scilly_guy

Postby hitori » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:29 am

what a nice guide ;)
hitori

Next

Return to Help!