Farming Influence Flow-chart: Need corn icons updated on wik

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Farming Influence Flow-chart: Need corn icons updated on wik

Postby Jalpha » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:41 am

I'm working on updating this to add corn and a few extra details. In order to properly complete the update I need the corn icons added to the wiki, which is not my thing. Anyone know who populates these icons on the wiki?

Old news:
After the recent publication of the farming influence mechanics I got a little tired of having to look up parts of threads I'd already read to remember what I was supposed to be planting in my fields. Before I started this, it seemed like it would be a good idea to have a kind of flow-chart as a quick reference guide to crop influence requirements. When I was halfway through it didn't seem like such a good idea anymore but I stubbornly continued.

If you can look past my abysmal paint skills, I thought some other people might also find it useful.

Additionally I'm putting this up here so it can be critiqued. If there's a way I could improve this, or if any of the information is wrong, let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Without further ado:

Last edited by Jalpha on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Re: Farming Influence Flow-chart.

Postby dmdisco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 am

nice work i wanted to do the same but... you know... im lazy and stuff

thanks for doing it :)
yea who needs "secure" trading, its not like this game would benefit from it, lets just kill the newbs instead as long as that's fun and people still join the game.
dmdisco

Postby Sevenless » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Honestly looks good to me. Drop me a pm if you don't mind me including it in my guide.

Nice job :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Well done :)
Really deserves a sticky or a place in Sevenless' guide.
Glennfinnan

Postby L33LEE » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Nice chart, maybe i would suggest adding some written information for seven if he uses it.

Like explaining how you first must get the influence bars to 50%+ to even start getting thus higher tier crops, then beyond 50% on the bars, you get a mix of items, then only at 100% you gain 100% of the T2 Crops.

Like for producing T2 Green cabbage, If you have a 60% 3rd bar, (Planted cotton, to then produce green cabbage) You would only get 20% of the harvest as green cabbage, and 80% will still be coleworts, however if you had for example a 90% 3rd bar, you would get 80% green cabbage, 20% coleworts from the harvest.

Then for T3 stuff, you need a mix of at least 150% from 2 bars required to "start getting" T3 crops. Like having 3rd + 4th bar, to 80% each, will give a 160% total, so if you planted cabbage, you would only get 20% as red cabbage, and 40% as green cabbage 40% as white cabbage, were as if both bars were 95% + 100%, (195% total) you would get 90% red cabbage, 5% green cabbage and about 5% white cabbage from the harvest.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Vermilioncoyote » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks great I will definitely be referring back to this. From what I can tell, if you want to get highest tier items you should go counterclockwise around your chart. You might want to mention that, otherwise people might plant Cabbage before cereal and be unable to get to sea island cloth since cereal drains the first bar.
Vermilioncoyote

Postby Jalpha » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I could modify the arrows to show some percentages or something, and maybe add some shading or something to the segments for the tier products, once I get my head wrapped around the numbers.

And a circular arrow to indicate the direction to rotate in could be worked in, I honestly had neglected to take that into account. The shame.

Food for thought, I'll work it into the next revision somehow. Thanks guys.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Sevenless » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Done and done. Added to the guide with credits to Jalpha :3

I don't think it needs a sticky, but addition to the guide/useful links stickies is a must :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Dallane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

oh wow this is awesome! great job!

Would be nice to see the influence numbers to get thsoe crops but still awesome work.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:56 am

It looks cool, but you should label which crop you have to start first to achieve Tier 4 crops. Like how to get Tier 4 pumpkins you would have to do cotton and then cereal because cotton takes meter 2 which cereal makes, pretty much taking it down to 0 by the time it gets to 0% unless you have a bunch of hay to toss in the field. Just a 1 and 2 on the arrows seems intuitive enough to me, unless you can think of a better thing.
Ass_Kraken

Next

Return to Help!