Landmarks & The Hunt for Tarp Marpton!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Landmarks & The Hunt for Tarp Marpton!

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 pm

The numbers face upward on both top and bottom, meaning they face inward on the top and outward on the bottom. It's just hard to tell the difference because most of the numbers are symmetrical. The result is that there is a nine and an eleven where there should be a nine and an eleven.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby NordErdTod » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:47 pm

9/11?
Is that a coincedence?
NordErdTod

Postby Claeyt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:09 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:The numbers face upward on both top and bottom, meaning they face inward on the top and outward on the bottom. It's just hard to tell the difference because most of the numbers are symmetrical. The result is that there is a nine and an eleven where there should be a nine and an eleven.

What about the fact that the 12 should be on the North side instead of in the ENE side of the clock for it to actually work with the sun? Is that the Clue?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Mr_Bellflower » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Claeyt wrote:What about the fact that the 12 should be on the North side instead of in the ENE side of the clock for it to actually work with the sun? Is that the Clue?

I think you are over-thinking something that is not suppose to be all that complex in the first place.

Icon wrote:your brave for saying that outloud

Eh. People will come if they want. I'll just open a concession stand and sell bellflowers and popcorn to everyone. It feels more like my area I'm active in is now the Roswell of Providence. Though now would be a great time to rp time traveling space Nazis from the dark side of the moon. Or sell UFO plushies at the landmark. Both sound like good ideas.
Keep calm and stay peachy.
Mr_Bellflower

Postby Icon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Mr_Bellflower wrote: dark side of the moon.

Smoke break!!
Icon

Postby tack » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 am

all we need now is a compass and scale and we could work out where we are otherwise im not sure how you expect to locate yourself on this map without a few more landmarks or triangulation marks to triangulate from.
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am

tack wrote:all we need now is a compass and scale and we could work out where we are otherwise im not sure how you expect to locate yourself on this map without a few more landmarks or triangulation marks to triangulate from.

Go to providence and look at where your homestead pointer is pointing, then party up and use the distance command thing and see how far from boston you are.
Rifmaster

Postby Procne » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
tack wrote:all we need now is a compass and scale and we could work out where we are otherwise im not sure how you expect to locate yourself on this map without a few more landmarks or triangulation marks to triangulate from.

Go to providence and look at where your homestead pointer is pointing, then party up and use the distance command thing and see how far from boston you are.

It will only work if you go to Boston on foot.
Procne

Postby tack » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

it will only work if you have true compass points and at least two fixed triangulation point on the map at a known distance from providence if JC suplies these i can triangulate my homestead, without you only can walk back from providance until you hit a referance point lake port back then walk out at a different angle until you find another,
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:25 pm

If you go exploring around your base you should be able to locate large mountain ranges and lakes and then find them on the map.
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements