guide to gluttony

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

guide to gluttony

Postby shrunkin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 am

Hi everyone its Senbonzakra from sen's surplus store bringing you the guide to gluttony :D :D :D

Now as i play through out the day many people ask me Sen....How shouldn I use my gluttony food what foods do I use to raise my stats...I can not tell you everything all I can tell you is what I did.

Blood- Blood is simple many meat products give you blood Windy poo,Bluebary,A side of venison, Plank steak, Papricharred charchuterie etc. My main blood gluttony is mushroom pies. They are great for both yellow bile and blood,and a way to raise it up quick,plus they dont cost an arm and a leg to make. The problem is raising the stats that you want off the food you are using,cause most food may give 20 to blood,but they also may raise 25 to yellow bile or 25 to black bile. So make sure you are watching your bars..

Yellow bile-yellow bile is a bit harder than blood cause alot of foods that give yellow bile also give blood. An important factor to remember in gluttony mode is to keep your stats even. If you have 25 yb 25 bb 25 plegm,but 40 blood,the amout of influence you have to put into your lower stats is still 40. Also when eating foods that influence blood you can eat , to lower the blood influnce,thus giveing a better chance to get the wanted outcome. Good yellow bile foods are Cabbage crumbs,Mushroom pies,Shroom on a stick, Simple sunday steak... Simple sunday steak is were i started when i wanted to get my yellow bile up.

Black bile-Black bile is one of the simplest stats to level up. Cabbage cakes for the win :D . They are the greastest black bile food on the market...Garlic split roast is another food that may be used. Its cheap but is not as affective as cabbage cakes.

Phlegm- My main problem happen to fall into this catagorie,but a simple start is wild salad....Anyone can find the ingredients. Simple sunday steak is also used in this catagorie,but be warned that it also does a number for yellow bile...Once you get a steady farm going,Pumpkin pies are for the win in this catagorie. Walk on the wild side also gives a phlegm influence,but many new players may find it difficult to kill deer. Pumpkin pies is still were i went. They give a great influence to phlegm.

That is pretty much what i know so far...Also oatmeal crackers are good for spacers,or for influence to make sure your influence bars do not bottem out before your next gluttony. This is just a rough guide so please no negative comments. I hope this helps out 8-)
Last edited by shrunkin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Face Forward, Sen
You should be able to hear it now.
That which blocks your ears is worthless fear.
The enemy is one, you are one.
What is there to fear?
Cast off your fear!
Look forward!
Go forward!
Retreat and you will age.
Hesitate and you will die.
shrunkin

Re: guide to gluttony

Postby xweetok59 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 am

The content is a bit good, but, capitalize words and use punctuation.
xweetok59

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am

Uhm, if this is a "rough guide" then maybe instead of posting it and asking for no negative comments you should have polished it first?

It's hard to read - it lacks proper capitalization and punctuation. Headers as well.

What are influence bars? Those are the 4 bars in the crop fields - what do oatmeal crackers have to do with these? If you want to write a guide for new players you have to use proper terminology.

Also, considering the fact that this "guide" is meant for new players, you should think about putting different dishes to some categories based on how easily they can be made by a new player. Wiki links would greatly help as well. Oh, and numbers - which dishes offer how much gluttony points, as well as until what humour level this and that dish is viable way of increasing particular humour.

Probably the guide should also start with explanation of whole mechanic, including alchemical composition's impact on it. Seveneless got it covered though, so link to his guide would suffice.

As for the guide's content - I would argue about wild salad. Oakworth is not that common and until you start planting those in pots it would be hard to find enough of those for food. In phlegm category you missed Walk on the Wild Side, Virginian Shellroast, Pumpkin Pie, Three virginians to name a few. You have limited your guide to listing 2-3 dishes per humour. I wouldn't call it a guide, sorry :/
Procne

Postby shrunkin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 am

read top line (i can not tell you everything all i can tell you is what i used) thank you sir for your critosism but i guess if u no so much you wont need it anyway...... :evil:
Face Forward, Sen
What is there to fear?
Cast off your fear!
Look forward!
Go forward!
shrunkin

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:12 am

I'm sorry then but I missed your point. You come to the help section of the forum and make a thread with a general title "guide to gluttony", but you are not even trying to make it a proper guide with lots of useful information that can be useful to standard newbie and instead decide it would be the place where you post your experiences.

Anyway, that's my last comment on this matter, I won't check this thread again.
Procne

Postby McMoody » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 am

A walk on the wild side is another easy phelg food.Combined with the pumpkin pies I raisied phleg into the 70ies with just those two

Edit: easy if you can kill deer, that is

Edit:
if you happen to have the skills Agriculture,Gardening,Pumpkin Planting and Baking and you are not capable of killing deer,beavers and/or rabbits please ignore this post
Last edited by McMoody on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McMoody

Postby Pjotr84 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

And I'd suggest adding Braised Beaver Brain for BB. Gives you a bit of variety, at least.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby shrunkin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 pm

alot of new people are not going to find it easy to kill animals like beavers and deer which is why i put things that are foragable like mushroom pies and stuff like i said this is just what i did and it helped me get my stats to 70's
Face Forward, Sen
What is there to fear?
Cast off your fear!
Look forward!
Go forward!
shrunkin

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 pm

New players aren't going to have access to foods like mushroom pies and such, either.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby McMoody » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

shrunkin wrote:alot of new people are not going to find it easy to kill animals like beavers and deer which is why i put things that are foragable like mushroom pies and stuff like i said this is just what i did and it helped me get my stats to 70's

you are right, i have edited my post to reflect this
McMoody

Next

Return to Help!