Feast your Eyes on this

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Feast your Eyes on this

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:15 am

-----CULINARY REDEFINITION-----
Civilian Artifice - Culinary has been renamed to "Feasting".
*In our ongoing efforts to normalize speeds and tempo of the game while simultaneously taking away the 'speed' components of the Civilian Artifices while replacing them with bonus' that feel more rewarding, we have decided to redefine the culinary Set. Gluttony now works as follows:

*Gobble Points now yield (2) Humors once you achieve a 10 point session.
*Gobble Points now yield (3) Humors once you achieve a 30 point session.
*Gobble Points now yield (4) Humors once you achieve a 60+ point session.

Players may now only get the "Bonus" to Gobble Point streaks so long as their Feasting Divided by 10 Remains higher than their Points.

I.E. With 150 Feasting. A player may go all the way to 15 Gobble Point still gaining the bonus. So on points 11,12,13,14,15 they will receive (2) humors. Then on hte 16th glutton point they will fall back to 1 humor as the 150 Feasting has 'capped' their bonus. This means that gaining 3 points per gluttony can only be obtained with a +300 Feasting set and +4 Humors per gobble level up can only be obtained once a player has more than +600 Feasting set. This should provide Feasting Civ to be a staple for competitive and end-game players looking to maximize their values, it should also provide an incentive to get dressed up in your best dinner attire before starting a session. Naked Glutton might still be a thing, but it is certainly the inferior method of gluttony when factoring all the bonus humors one cannot gain by not wearing the appropriate clothing.

Please note that we think there is a lot of merit and 'fun' to playing the mini-game of "how big can I make this session or how far can I make this food go in a single sitting". As such this is why we are trying to create as much positive incentive and reward as possible for people who partake in this type of glutton style.

*Cooking on a Fire no longer takes into account the Culinary for calculating speed and has been sped up on average.
*Cooking with a Frying pan no longer takes into account the Culinary for calculating speed and has been sped up on average.
*Baking no longer takes into account the Culinary Civ values for calculating Speed and has been sped up on average.

New Animations
Players now have a new Animation when using the Anvil
Players now have a new animation when using a Whittle Bench

New Ground Graphics
New Ground Graphic has been added for Bear Claws.
New Ground Graphic has been added for Bear Hearts.
New Ground Graphic has been added for Crab meat
New Ground Graphic has been added for Roasted Crab Meat
New Ground Graphic has been added for Crab Salad.
New Ground Graphic has been added for Peppered Seafood Medley.
New Ground Graphic has been added for Rat teams
New Ground Graphic has been added for Red Seafood Salad.
New Groudn Graphic has been added for Surf & Turf

Other Stuff
Store Knit caps now have (3) Slots.
Store Knit caps now have difficulty and can interact with teasels.
Brick Wall gates now cost 3 Blister Steel Bars, down from 4.
Blister Steel Coffins now persist with teh correct graphic when they are cooled.
Steel Shovels now dig sand at an accelerated rate.
Granite Paving now has a graphic on the mini-map.
Steel Pickaxes now chip stone at a faster rate in addition to mining at a faster rate.
Players should no longer make disease noises when sick. However, diseased bodies of dead players will still have a chance to infect players who get too close to them.
Inspiration gains from Fleursdumal has been adjusted. Now provides Hunting and Gathering.
Seashell buttons is now a standard recipe and no longer needs the whittling bench.
Seashell buttons can now be made with a new category "Any Shell"
Oysters will now drop their shell when you pry them open.
Oyster Shells count as any shell
New Inspirational: Windchimes.
Rats will now 'stack' disease. The more you are bit, the more severe the disease will be.
Torn Tentacle now has a unique sound effect when studied.
Doughs can no longer be inserted back into baking tables.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Feast your Eyes on this

Postby Flink » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:19 am

dang, reduced steel needed for gates >_>,

And ive just built 2! fml
Flink

Postby Darwoth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 am

awesome, more of the exact same game content just made more annoying and tedious with the addition of grindy *****.
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:01 am

I fail to see what was all that grindy. As you can certainly get a much higher net glutton session now if your willing to put time into slotting a Feasting set. Or is it the grind of getting a feasting set of clothes that you are referencing?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 am

I'm guessing this is more aimed toward lower level humor chars about 200, and below? Seeing as once you pass about 400 you only manage maybe 3 or 4 points with an extremely well prepared session.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby prozhong » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 am

should the Top 10 cooking experience be reset? ¦]
prozhong

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 am

Oh yeah, and Furfur Hide Capes are now a thing.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby McTc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 am

So basicly, JC want to see us make 200 bile combat alt in one session?
McTc

Postby Thor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

I see I see.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 am

So now culinary is only useful for low humor characters run by hardcore players, ie alt making.
Potjeh

Next

Return to Announcements