Criminals in the Darkness

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Criminals in the Darkness

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Ornery wrote:Could always add in churches to push back darkness. All you'd have to do to raid an "unraidable" place, even with the way darkness is now, is drop a church near their place. No more drain = no more hiding. Wouldn't even require changes to game mechanics, just letting us build whats already in Boston.

with a church pushing "back the darkness" the village comes "into the light" meaning you will now get a crime debuff for raiding them ?

Im happy with that suggestion.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Ornery » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm

If there's no drain from darkness, why would it matter if you got a debuff or not? It would just force the rest of the world's mechanics onto people that think they can't be touched in darkness.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby gregl26 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

After having my various towns burned to the ground 3 times by Darworth, Stax, and then the Russians I think I can safely say screw anyone who whines about people living in the darkness. I don't want to spend 99% of my gaming time rebuilding towns after the next random group comes along and destroys it all. I know it is part of the game and I don't mind at all but the darkness at least evens the playing field a bit.
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm

gregl26 wrote: I don't mind at all but the darkness at least evens the playing field a bit.

being untouchable doesn't even the playing field. It can be done with a few days time and prolly would with your village since you defense is to log off. but once someone logs on and rebuilds walls or attacks the raiders its over for them.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Dallane wrote:
gregl26 wrote: I don't mind at all but the darkness at least evens the playing field a bit.

being untouchable doesn't even the playing field. It can be done with a few days time and prolly would with your village since you defense is to log off. but once someone logs on and rebuilds walls or attacks the raiders its over for them.

Don't you get it you crybaby *****? It doesn't make them UNTOUCHABLE, your just mad that it might actually require real effort, a few days time even...i dunno, maybe like a real ***** siege?

you gallow Hills idiots are just mad you built your hearthvault village in the light. period. go cry to the devs some more.

Months of work shouldn't be able to be razed to the ground in hours, no matter WHAT YOU THINK, and the darkness provides that comfort, for the tradeoff of making life a *****!

deal with it cryllane.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Realak wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Don't you get it you crybaby *****? It doesn't make them UNTOUCHABLE, your just mad that it might actually require real effort, a few days time even...i dunno, maybe like a real ***** siege?

you gallow Hills idiot are just mad you built your hearthvault village in the light. period. go cry to the devs some more.

Months on work shouldn't be able to be razed to the ground in hours, and the darkness provides that comfort, for the tradeoff of making like a *****!

deal with it cryllane.

lol yeah those days of work is gone when someone logs on and rebuilds all those walls and braziers in 5 mins of what took you days to tear down. Its possible but not worth the time.

The only time we talked about building in the darkness was to laugh at the ******* who did it already.

I guess i'm dealing with it fine since its getting changed.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 pm

you gallow Hills idiot are just mad you built your hearthvault village in the light.

I dont get it, why would we be mad about that ?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Dallane wrote:crycrycrycry

This might be hard for you to comprehend, but most people can't be on 24/7 to defend from a raid. Even then it's a losing battle, it's not like you can go ***** restock on iron and flint to repair braziers and walls can you? whatever you have hoarded...that is it...

"excuse me mr raider, can i stroll outside real quick and pick up that flint real quick?" durp hurp hurp durp. It's a war of attrition the defender will lose. All it takes is time.
Realak

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm

staxjax wrote:
you gallow Hills idiot are just mad you built your hearthvault village in the light.

I dont get it, why would we be mad about that ?

So are you guys all chillin in a vent, then dallane goes " HELP, I need help with realak!"

because you always appear about 30 seconds later.
Realak

Postby gregl26 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Dallane wrote:

With the current summon mechanic logging off is the best choice when you dont have a heart vault. If i would have fought bait and mushi and lost then of course i would be dead. If i had won? Still dead after being summon killed with no vault. Seems to me I made the right choice. Though the Russians did blow through the vault of chiefs i was using in about 10 minutes and kill me anyway.....
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill