TP Map Tool v3.1.1

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Salem Map Tool by Time Paradox

Postby hikkikomori » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Current version: 2.5.12
Changes:
Re-adjust map zoom levels option has been added to the menu. This option re-creates zoom tiles for the entire map, while only the updated/added tiles are zoomed during the automatical map merge.
Chiprel wrote:I found your mapping tool to be the best one for salem.
Didn't check the new version yet but the previous one was pretty fast already. Merging new maps to my 1gb map(72k tiles) was taking just 3-16mins. (and I only have 2,2ghz)
The only thing I was really missing from your map tool is more zoom levels.
Would be really great if we could get 3-5 more zoom levels ;)
You are welcome. More zoom levels will be added soon. Don't forget to check your map for duplicates with the new version. It would be kind of you to share your mergning timing with the newer version. Thank you.

Tammer wrote:I am getting errors where incorrect tiles are shown at some zoom levels.
However, when I zoom in to 1:1, the offending tiles are not shown. Is there a workaround to get the correct map at all zoom levels?
An option to re-adjust map zoom levels has been added with the recent update. Enjoy. ;)
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Tammer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 am

hikkikomori wrote:Yes. The tool re-zooms entire map if it finds no new tiles during map merge. You can run map merge twice in a row or switch sessions folder to an empty ones to do so.

These fixes didn't work for me. I was able to get a map as I wanted by deleting everything in folders 1-5 and starting over.

I see that you have a new version; unfortunately I can't test my problem since I deleted everything. I will let you know if it comes up again. For now I'm quite pleased to have a working map!
Tammer

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:09 pm

have not used this tool yet, been using the old "salem map tool 3" or whatever from years ago. with 32 gigs of ram i can not have a map larger than approximately 34k tiles thus am forced to section my maps which is a giant pain in the ass. does this program allow for a larger map? if yes, how large?

and does it retain the option to NOT automatically arrange tiles on merging? would prefer to do it manually to avoid any potential errors.
Darwoth

Postby Necrobane » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Darwoth wrote:have not used this tool yet, been using the old "salem map tool 3" or whatever from years ago. with 32 gigs of ram i can not have a map larger than approximately 34k tiles thus am forced to section my maps which is a giant pain in the ass. does this program allow for a larger map? if yes, how large?

and does it retain the option to NOT automatically arrange tiles on merging? would prefer to do it manually to avoid any potential errors.

>2014 >32 gb of ram >not nasa computer :lol:
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:33 am

Necrobane wrote:
>2014 >32 gb of ram >not nasa computer :lol:

what?
Darwoth

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:38 am

Nvm just understood the reference :D.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Darwoth » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:48 am

i'm glad someone does, i on the other hand can not tell if he is telling me 32 gigs of ram is ******, excessive or either.

8 was standard when i purchased the computer last winter, so i went with 16 and maxed out the motherboard to 32 since then.

in any case since i am playing a game i could run on my cellphone i fail to see how it matters outside of mapping limitations which is what i inquired about.
Darwoth

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 am

Darwoth wrote:i'm glad someone does, i on the other hand can not tell if he is telling me 32 gigs of ram is ******, excessive or either.

8 was standard when i purchased the computer last winter, so i went with 16 and maxed out the motherboard to 32 since then.

in any case since i am playing a game i could run on my cellphone i fail to see how it matters outside of mapping limitations which is what i inquired about.

Just a guess, but i believe he is referring to us being in a "technological boom", and calling your 32 gigs of ram inferior by implying that it is nowhere near a nasa computer. This of course, is all just mere speculation as half of these people cannot type a coherent sentence to save their lives, so i'm just drawing straws really.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby hikkikomori » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Darwoth wrote:have not used this tool yet, been using the old "salem map tool 3" or whatever from years ago. with 32 gigs of ram i can not have a map larger than approximately 34k tiles thus am forced to section my maps which is a giant pain in the ass. does this program allow for a larger map? if yes, how large?

The program is not limited in map size as I have mentioned before. It does not merge the map in to a single file but copies the session tiles in to a separate directory, owerwriting existing tiles if necessary. It works fast and you can keep backup simply having a copy of a folder.

Map is dispalyed programmably from tiles, just like google does.
Manual merge is not available yet. Will do it later.
Refer to tge manual to see the complete description.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Silent_Bob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 am

Fantastic tool from what I've seen so far. Only thing I wouldn't recommend doing while using it is teleporting, as that seems to confuse the program. Otherwise, I've been able to map out the local area round mah fort easily.
Silent_Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana