Release?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Release?

Postby Darwoth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 pm

i suppose, but i did not ask a question.
Darwoth

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Darwoth wrote:i am talking about the various statements that is is now "closed commercial beta", the repeated mentioning there will most likely not be a "full wipe" combined with the push for multi server support and the clarifyng that old characters wotn be able to transfer for several months.

to me and everyone else i have spoken to that means the characters being made now will be kept and either the world or player created structures and claims within the world will be wiped.

as for where all of the above was said you probably know as well as i do as i am sure you have seen them, dont feel like searching for posts.

thats not the same as "it was stated there would be no character wipes". it was not stated, but your assumption says so.

remember, jorb has always been the biggest troll ever, pushing sabinati #2.
oh, and most importantly, loftar hates us and torment us.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Makestro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Realak wrote:
Darwoth wrote:the only reason myself and many others are playing right now is because it was stated there would be no character wipes so i doubt there will be, the reason that you will not be able to transfer to new servers for months after it opens is to prevent developed characters from killing everyone.

The problem is, the older server will ALWAYS be just a little more developed and stronger, so isn't this stupid? The older server will always have better purity unless they choose to migrate. Obviously the raiders on this server, will:

1. Hearthvault in darkness
2. Raid other servers.
3. Profit.

I've actually been kind of lax on playing lately as I truly believe they will initiate a wipe when the new servers come out.

How could they not? It would be only fair. And they should, it makes sense whether you like it or not. This is beta, we signed up for this torture and waste of irl hours remember?

If they don't reset server, they might keep this one as a test realm for new content, but it not be connected to the main game. (not a bad idea)

All the **** you listed as problems would exist regardless of a wipe or not... You just want a wipe because you ***** around with your time and are paying for it down the road. I know I wish I would of started playing at launch and not waited a month and a half to jump in but whatever, it only took a couple weeks of work and I have a very good hermitage.
Makestro

Postby Qukatt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:28 pm

If it helps some stores use dec 30th code as "we don't know yet"

Source: EB Games
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby painhertz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Qukatt wrote:If it helps some stores use dec 30th code as "we don't know yet"

Source: EB Games

Yeah, i got to thinking about that myself Dec 30th being the last sales day of the year (Almost everything is closed New Years Eve.)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby ramuller » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 am

IIRC, the official statement I saw on this a while back said no anticipated wipes.

However, we are beta testing a game which is still in active development. All they need to do is discover a problem that is best solved by starting the world over again (e.g. that the database isn't laid out properly to handle all the features they want to add and that it would cost too much development time to create and debug a program to convert the database to a new layout).
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby colesie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:oh, and most importantly, loftar hates us and torment us.

:lol:
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 am

Well, looks to me that the game is already released now.

http://www.salemgame.com/

No mention of beta on the game's official homesite, instead you have a "PLAY FOR FREE NOW!LAUNCH GAME" button
Steve

Postby Vibe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 am

Steve wrote:Well, looks to me that the game is already released now.

No mention of beta on the game's official homesite, instead you have a "PLAY FOR FREE NOW!LAUNCH GAME" button

This is indeed misleading :)
Vibe

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 am

Vibe wrote:
Steve wrote:Well, looks to me that the game is already released now.

This is indeed misleading :)

Indeed it is. I honestly don't know why we have put that out there now, but eh. What do.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill