LimersFront & Isle of Nod: Mid-Month Mini-Patch 11.14

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

LimersFront & Isle of Nod: Mid-Month Mini-Patch 11.14

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Greetings Salemites,

WARNING: These are currently one-way trips. Do not bring an inventory full of golden eggs. Unless you're planning to settle out this way, you can only travel away by walking, porting to Providence, or porting to your homestead. Further, the Isle of Nod is in the Darkness and will drain the humours of all God-fearing pilgrims.

*LimersFront is has now officially opened its gates to all Pilgrims. NorthWest of the town square in Providence Pilgrims will now find Westward Wallace! A simple man who knows only to travel west, never east! The first destination on his travels is now live and known as LimersFront, an outpost of Providence and a beacon of hope for the ever expanding civilization of Salem. There are rumors that its location was chosen based on an abundance of the "White Gold" known as "Lime". Thus creating a Gold-Rush so to speak where players of all humors and factions raced to stake their claims on the sea of Lime that spread out in front of them.

This is our first step towards effectively shrinking the map. LimersFront is located approx 4 hours walk west of Providence. An additional outpost will be added even further west in the future. With horses being sold in both locations this should hopefully make any given point on the map reachable in less than 4 hours. This was a crucial and necessary step to balance the upcoming PVP changes.

*One of the in-game prizes from the art contest is now live. Top Winners can seek out Marp on the forums. The pictures on the vendor will be hopefully coming *soon.
*Fix'd a fairly large bug.
*New NPC in Boston to spam you on just how important the forums are.

Update!

Located deep in the Lumberwoods resides a place of mystery. Tales have traveled 'round the alehouses about a small settlement founded years before the first colonies, built on bones and brimstone. Whatever name the town once held, the place became known only as the Isle of Nod. The legend says that a group of pagans settled there, far away through mountain and fen to find seclusion among the wilds. And as they forsook the light, God forsook them and they were forever cursed, turned cruel and hard, forced to live without love or pleasure or peace. And now, thanks to Wallace's twin brother, Touched Tomas, the route has been revealed. However, all that remains is a ghost-town, littered with the decrepit bits of its former inhabitants. What actually happened here has surely been lost to the annals of time, but perhaps some curious (and foolhardy) adventurers would be willing to settle nearby and plumb its riddle while groping deeper toward other answers hidden by the Darkness.

- MarpTarpton
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Mid-Month Mini-Patch 11.14

Postby FTT4eva » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 pm

I log in, move 5 squares, get kicked for patch.

DAMN You JC.

Good job on the patch, looking forward to it.
FTT4eva

Re: Mid-Month Mini-Patch 11.14

Postby summertime » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 pm

JohnCarver wrote: *New NPC in Boston to spam you on just how important the forums are.

:(
summertime

Re: LimersFront: Mid-Month Mini-Patch 11.14

Postby summertime » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:09 am

:D
summertime

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:11 am

so i assume its safe for people or will they be jumped as soon as they spawn there
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rololas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:11 am

so i assume this new "town" is also a safe zone?
Rololas

Postby Heffernan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:13 am

goo find the guy
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:15 am

People will have to just travel there and find out. All I know for sure is there is a golden goose walking around at this place as we speak :)
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:15 am

lmfao
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hose » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:15 am

JohnCarver wrote:People will have to just travel there and find out. All I know for sure is there is a golden goose walking around at this place as we speak :)

lies
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Next

Return to Announcements