Dissolution of MM Tribe

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Dissolution of MM Tribe

Postby summertime » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 am

KruskDaMangled wrote: I can't easily seem to find the EULA on that.

common sense..., dont need to read any eula and any normal eula nowadays always says that they can remove you for any reason without explanation
summertime

Postby ImpalerWrG » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:00 am

Sounds like Dev's were trying to trying to test their poop-claim mechanics, right from the mechanics introduction they have been wanting players to get into poop-wars, and it looks like they just got fed up and wanted the stuff tested even if they had to do it themselves with supped up characters or some kind of assistance to others to do the deed. I'm sure they were not trying to single-handedly wipe out the tribe as they could do that with a few keystrokes. The motive seems to clearly be a simulation of a 'plausible' attack, but it perhaps got out of hand in the heat of the moment and they caused however indirectly deaths that they felt were unfair.

That said the Tribe may have some grounds for complaint of a lack of transparency and forthrightness should that be the case. If the Devs feel that testing on the main server is need they should privately communicate with a faction leader before doing 'simulated' attacks upon them, get them in on the process and promise a reset of any damages/losses. Then the devs can fully let loose with supped up characters, a full knock-down-drag out fight can be had and everyone has a good time and devs can learn as much as possible and everyone can have a good laugh about it in the end. A kind of temporary test-server status, we used to have the bloodiest wars in the few days after the announcement of a server wipe and everyone loved it cause it didn't count for anything when the world is about to end.
Last edited by ImpalerWrG on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Gacrux » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 am

Though reading the document I omitted the beginning before I read the actual information and thought John Carver never admitted, I do agree with PMP there was no admittance to not being involved just more round-about replies and responses.

Though this seems to be a curious thing as the Tribe didn't suffer losses, I am confused as to why they are quiting.

I would like to hope that the Developers would maintain some transparency to in game affairs. but I thing Fox put it the best. Those of you who know her for her cryptic words...

fox wrote:wow wow wow...loftar didn't sleep!? Someone already snuffling in game history code bits. :arrow: :idea:
I hope that abusse will be closed.

p.s. Salem Beta Test - don't forget :3

All in all its a shame to see the tribe disband but the game will continue on and hopefully another faction will take their place.
Gacrux

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:05 am

I don't understand any of this.
pistolshrimp

Postby firefox2026 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:10 am

pistolshrimp wrote:I don't understand any of this.

That makes two of us. lol
firefox2026

Postby RyanS77 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:08 am

HATE TO SEE YOU LEAVE BUT LOVE TO WATCH YOU GO... because of your butt.
RyanS77

Postby trungdle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 am

The Tribe sure sounds like they are on the right side. And it all looks like a 1700s drama between abused citizens and the King. :lol:
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby deutch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 am

firefox2026 wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:I don't understand any of this.

That makes two of us. lol

I also did not understand. Surprised opinions on INJUSTICE. Then recommend reading "Scalp Collection Thread".
Keep developers must not only work, but also fun! )))
God will judge!(Priest)
deutch

Postby Jackxter » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:53 am

Though I personally didn't mind Tribe, my fair guess is that this will bring about more newbies to populate the ever expansive map without an organized mob of killers roaming about. While it's a shame to see a dedicated group of players leaving, whatever transpired, I'm pretty sure that this won't hurt the game in the long run. I'm also inclined to believe John played things straight; there would literally be no reason for him to be trying to influence in-game politics when there's hardly any going on due to the current map size. If I were to guess what happened, and this is purely a guess, without me bothering to read the big ole 'tribe quits' document, but instead the forum posts:

1. Mikus tried to abuse the system and 'get his cake and eat it too.'
2. John disciplined him for this like any other player. However, John also happens to be Tribe's former founder and leader(?).
3. Mikus and subsequently the Tribe reacted harshly to John not looking the other way, viewing it as a backstab/betrayal. Perhaps the rest of the Tribe weren't aware of exactly what went down, or were fed false information.

John was in the right here if that was the case. But even if it's not, their leaving is sad but overall probably better for the game as a whole. Once the map size is reduced or a better way of navigating it is introduced, the power vacuum this will create will be beautiful to watch be filled.
Last edited by Jackxter on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jackxter

Postby trungdle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 am

I honestly don't want the Tribe to leave. They promised they will challenge everyone else!
If what they said is true, I think the devs have better apology for their mistakes and promise not to do it again. Everybody makes mistakes, the point is learning from that and move on. The Tribe quitted because they can't stand the injustice, the abuses, the behind-the-scene not-quite-right actions of the devs. They think it's time for them to leave for another game. Which is fine though, but I hope they will come back later on.
IF the TRibe told the truth, I'm with them this time.

Also:
-JohnCarver is Chief Peepokaka
-Marp Tarpton is Tylan
-Tribe has been donating for the development.

Which leads to another question: did we constribute enough? How much fund do they have left? Should we start donating now to negate the income lowered by tribe not playing anymore?

Better buy some springs just to be sure. Tomorrow.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses