Minimalisation by Judaism

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 am

firefox2026 wrote:
have it under users/(username)/salem/

Could you give me a picture ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby firefox2026 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 am

well I think this is the one I should be using..

firefox2026

Postby Judaism » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:41 am

Thats the good map altough when I look to your custom_res map I don't see any edits so you have never extracted it correctly.

Extract the files from the winrar right into the Salem map and everything should be fine. It will give you noticeable differences.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby firefox2026 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:36 am

I found another directory in my appdata directory. I put it in that one and at least the mini map looks different but the trees look the same however.
firefox2026

Postby Chiprel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 pm

firefox2026 wrote:I found another directory in my appdata directory. I put it in that one and at least the mini map looks different but the trees look the same however.

Default salem client works like this:

Check if:
1) .res file is in salem-res.jar if not:
2) check .salem/cache if nothing or old version of file:
3) download new file to .salem/cache/

Custom clients (coded by EnderWiggin and used by Kandarim too)
1. check custom_res directory if nothing there:
2) .res file is in salem-res.jar if not:
3) check .salem/cache if nothing or old version of file:
4) download new file to .salem/cache/

I'm not sure if custom_res is CaSe SeNsItIvE or not. I have my custom_res folder names "custom_res" and not "Custom_res"

What do you have in your salem/custom_res/gfx/tiles?
(i don't have judaism mod as I don't play but I had my own low_gfx mod)
This is how my "tiles" folder/directory looks like(just old files without new biomes):

Got something similiar in there?

Anyways Judaism are you sure you want those low res trees in your mod? They really look erm umm..well. xD ugly. Might be good idea to make them more transparent etc ;p. or at least give em some bigger texture size. Seriously trees do not slow down you that much. It's mostly number of objects on screen. (mostly wall segments, different clothing if you have 30-60 people in boston). I was playing on really low gfx card for a bit and the highest slowdowns I had were at my place and boston. (you could dig out how to remove falling leaves from mapple trees as this slows down game reasonably too(mostly because they like to fall down much much below the ground). I think I posted my old no-mapple-leaves mod long time ago for AssKraken. You could figure out how to edit newer version of mapple trees from that :P
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby firefox2026 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 am

I'm not sure if you changed the file or I somehow got the wrong link to this code. But I thought it was a .rar file I downloaded but the zip file I downloaded here worked now. For some reason my client is in appdata directory maybe that just depends on where your looking.

Thanks
firefox2026

Postby Judaism » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:36 am

Chiprel wrote:
Anyways Judaism are you sure you want those low res trees in your mod? They really look erm umm..well. xD ugly. Might be good idea to make them more transparent etc ;p. or at least give em some bigger texture size. Seriously trees do not slow down you that much. It's mostly number of objects on screen. (mostly wall segments, different clothing if you have 30-60 people in boston). I was playing on really low gfx card for a bit and the highest slowdowns I had were at my place and boston. (you could dig out how to remove falling leaves from mapple trees as this slows down game reasonably too(mostly because they like to fall down much much below the ground). I think I posted my old no-mapple-leaves mod long time ago for AssKraken. You could figure out how to edit newer version of mapple trees from that :P

I know, I personally use transparent trees but some people told me otherwise. In the quick 48x48 the trees are not edited, I did know they hadn't much influence but when you already have 1x1 tiles the edited trees look better than 64x64 trees on a 1x1 tile. Either way, I haven't looked into equipment so much I did not expect it to have alot influence, altough I saw that you resized some clothes. I will look into the leaves, I thought that I made those transparent.

Ty for the heads up.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Brego » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:30 am

I wonder why after this modification i can't use any updater?
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Judaism » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 am

Brego wrote:I wonder why after this modification i can't use any updater?

Still having this ?
Judaism
Customer

Postby qbradq » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you! You have made Salem functional on this old laptop I am playing on today while I babysit. I owe you yet again :)
qbradq

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana