A Strange Encounter

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

A Strange Encounter

Postby ULGMsean » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm

So there i was in Boston waiting, suddenly, a player pm'd me to follow him and go to the 4 barrels. He said that he got a surprise for me.
I didn't know him at all, he was a complete stranger to me, but still i followed him and look at the barrel and then he started filling it in with items like bear hide, charms, locket, money and much more. He kinned me and found that his name was "my name is name". yeah that's his name.. (anyone could give me an info about him would be nice)

I was suspicious about this when i saw the items, asking him why and why me. Though i'm not sure if its safe take it, i still took it. Most players wont do this, so there might be a reason why. I was thinking what if the items were scented, they could track me and of course go for a raid and take everything away or was it really an act of kindness?
Anyway if you really gave this items with all your pilgrims heart, then i thank you for making another player happy. :)
But if the items where scented and could be tracked, well lets just see what happens next... :(
"Oblivion | Dramatic Trance"
-ESTi
ULGMsean

Re: A Strange Encounter

Postby thl111 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Sounds fishy. It might be a griefing attempt on some town that player is in. I'm not quite sure that scents can be tracked on looted items. Could someone clarify this?
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby baronbowden » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:12 pm

I've traded with him before . Always seemed like a decent guy.

To my knowledge scent only tracks the individual. But not much experience stealing items so couldn't say for sure.

B
baronbowden

Postby Chiprel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Yes you can track stolen items. While tracking larceny you can see 3 options: perpetrator/homestead/item.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby baronbowden » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:03 pm

good to know.

B
baronbowden

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Robin Hood !!!
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Put items on an alt if you're scared.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Rushmik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 am

On the day of the Guild Wars 2 headstart I passed the time by taking my near-complete hat collection to Boston and randomly handing them to the hatless. It's my way of leaving Salem on a good note, and clearing out my camp of valuables to disappoint any future pillagers, of course! Maybe your fishy man was doing something similar though?
Rushmik

Return to City upon a Hill